Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
abe77

can applying finacea more often make a difference ?

I apply Finacea every four days at night because it dries face but doesnt irrated it. I can't apply it every day or every other day because my dry skin gets extremely dry even with cetaphil. Im planning to use Finacea every three days instead of four because i get 2-3 huge cysts every month. All of my other acne (whiteheads, blackheads, those small pimples) are completely gone. Do you guys think that one day difference can affect my acne, is it worth trying and waiting 3 month to see if it works ? Im hoping this change will prevent those random cysts.

I don't see how such infrequent application of the Finacea is going to help keep you clear. People sometimes start off with infrequent applications, but with the goal of working up to more regular use. Acne treatments have a cumulative effect on the skin, and need to be used regularly to see results.

You might see if you can switch to Azelex cream - it may be less drying for you. Or find a more hydrating moisturizer than Cetaphil, and see if you can increase your Finacea applications.

How much Finacea do you apply, btw?

When i got Finacea i started with one application at night. Within one week my skin was rough, dry and red therefore i begin applying it every four days. I have been using finacea for six months and it has cleared all my acne except the random cysts. The true reason im not applying it more often is im afraid the excessive dryness will break me out. I think reading about how dryness can cause acne has gone to my head.

To answer your question willow, i use a size of a grape.

Edited by abe77

I did see an improvement from the the acne marks, the redness went away much faster. Right now im applying it every three times at night, Im expecting to see my marks to fade even faster now. Im trying this new routine to see if i can get rid of the random cysts or white heads i get every 3 weeks or so.

I don't see how such infrequent application of the Finacea is going to help keep you clear. People sometimes start off with infrequent applications, but with the goal of working up to more regular use. Acne treatments have a cumulative effect on the skin, and need to be used regularly to see results.

You might see if you can switch to Azelex cream - it may be less drying for you. Or find a more hydrating moisturizer than Cetaphil, and see if you can increase your Finacea applications.

How much Finacea do you apply, btw?

You should use a string of cream, about 2 cm. No more is needed, it will just irritate your skin and won't give any better effect. If you can't work up to at least once a day during a period of 1-2 month, then maybe you are sensitive to the substance or have very dry skin. In that case you should consider stopping the treatment. Don't forget to use a moisturizer if you get dry skin.

I am no expert, but if you get cysts, then maybe you should use antibiotics. I don't think finacea can help for cysts.

Edited by Emilion