Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bass3p

Is flaring a must-have symptom of rosacea or can u have rosacea without flaring?

I've had a somewhat red nose, though it isnt extremely bright red, more like brownish-red, for about 3 years and im not sure whether this is a rosacea or not. i dont have considerable acne on my nose to have left my nose mostly red so im suspecting rosacea (though theres no history of it in my family). However, I have never experienced this flaring that rosacea is associated with. I didn't even understand what flaring really was until i read about it. so, as title states, if you have never flared up, can you still have rosacea? thx for any replies.

When you say flare i think you mean flush. But yes you can still have rosacea without flushing or a 'flare'. It sounds as if you have either rosacea or seb derm.

Generally speaking a rosacea flare up is an outbreak of rosacea. Flushing refers to what is usually called a blush that aggravates rosacea. More often than not frequent flushing is associated with a rosacea flare up. However, one can flush and not have a rosacea flare up. One simply flushes or blushes and then the skin returns to normal. Frequent flushing is usually one of the signs or symptoms distinguishing rosacea from acne which is usually accompanied by a burning sensation with the flush.

I know what a flare in rosacea is, i just think he mean's flushing in his post....

He mentioned he doesn't get 'acne' on his nose, so he doesn't get papules or pustules by the sounds of it. In the context of his post, the only other thing left is flushing really....

Edited by lamarr1986

well, flushing or flaring, either one, i have not experienced any of these ever before. could i still have rosacea?

well, flushing or flaring, either one, i have not experienced any of these ever before. could i still have rosacea?

Yes. There are a rare number of rosacea sufferers who do not report flushing, but generally speaking flushing is one of the signs or symptoms of rosacea. The other thing is that you could have one of the *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules* which is impossible to diagnose over the internet. You need to get a diagnosis from a dermatologist to know what you are suffering with. Having a red face may be rosacea or some other skin condition or disease.