Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lady25

getting clear with o n l y AHA?

I'm trying to clear my acne holistically but I feel so weird putting nothing on my face! I just used Dan's AHA for the first time on my face today and it feels pretty good...so I'm wondering if I can just use this as a way of 'taking it easy' but still doing a little something topically?

Basically, with all of the crud I've been putting into my body, I'm surprised at how well AHA is helping prevent massive breakouts. I get a few bumps that go away in a day or two if I nuke 'em with AHA. But I don't use Dan's. I use the Alpha Hydrox brand. They have free shipping for the month of December :)

Do you only spot treat? Also, how frequently do you use it?

I actually use something that costs little money. I bought some sea salt and I mix it with water. And I put it on my face morning and night and then I apply a moisturizer. The salt is a natural bacteria cleaner. It stings for a little while but then you apply the moisturizer and it feels great. Skin feels comfortable and is cleased.

A bottle of sea salt costs like 6 to 10 dollars. It's usually on sale quite often. A bottle can last for a year or more depending on how much salt flakes you use.

So far my skin has responded well. It's been 3 days.