Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doy5

Acne Foods and Bodybuilding

With me lifting about 4 days a week I need to get my protein mainly, along with carbs and fats. After reading all the foods related to acne I feel like I eat them all the time for the most part. So here is a list of things I commonly eat, and tell me whether or not they're related to acne(I ask because some I've seen on the yes and no list of causing acne)

Whole Grains: Breads, Granola Bars, Pastas

Chicken Breast

Steaks

Eggs

Some fruits --heard some do nothing for acne, while other help?? Specific please!

Ground Beef 93/7

Thanks, any help will be appreciated!

I can only tell you from my own experience. No dairy, grains, or sugar. As of the rest, eat what you like. Now, this doesn't mean low carb, myself I keep something around 40% carbs;you can get your carbs from old world tubers (cassava, sweet potato, manioc, taro, etc but not white potato) and plantains/other starchy "fruits." I do not eat and excess of fruits, something around 1-2 servings a day. If you are gonna eat grains I find rice is the only one that does not affect me (that I have tried) but I still keep away from it. Properly processing (fermenting, soaking, etc) will probably reduce the dangers of grains. For this I recommend you refer to the work of Weston A. Price and Sally Fallon (Weston A. Price foundation).

What is most important is that you gotta find out what works for you, this may be a lengthy process.

Look into getting some healthy oils such as Extra Virgin olive oil, and Coconut oil. Great way to get quick and easy calories down the hatch. The right kind of fats are healthy for you, so no need to fear them. People also overrate protein, shoot for .5g per pd of body weight. If you go a little over that's fine, but you dont need 1.5g per pd like most people still believe. Once I dropped protein down to a lower level, and upped my fat intake, my gains in strength, and lbm have been great.

As far as foods that cause acne- any type of sugar, including fruits, can do it. Grains and dairy are notorious for it also.

I can only tell you from my own experience. No dairy, grains, or sugar. As of the rest, eat what you like. Now, this doesn't mean low carb, myself I keep something around 40% carbs;you can get your carbs from old world tubers (cassava, sweet potato, manioc, taro, etc but not white potato) and plantains/other starchy "fruits." I do not eat and excess of fruits, something around 1-2 servings a day. If you are gonna eat grains I find rice is the only one that does not affect me (that I have tried) but I still keep away from it. Properly processing (fermenting, soaking, etc) will probably reduce the dangers of grains. For this I recommend you refer to the work of Weston A. Price and Sally Fallon (Weston A. Price foundation).

What is most important is that you gotta find out what works for you, this may be a lengthy process.

Yea I've been eating 3/4 slices of whole grain bread a day, along with 4/5 whole grain granola bars, although they have no HFCS, but ill cut them down. Why cant we just eat anything and have flawless skin, it'd make this much easier!

Look into getting some healthy oils such as Extra Virgin olive oil, and Coconut oil. Great way to get quick and easy calories down the hatch. The right kind of fats are healthy for you, so no need to fear them. People also overrate protein, shoot for .5g per pd of body weight. If you go a little over that's fine, but you dont need 1.5g per pd like most people still believe. Once I dropped protein down to a lower level, and upped my fat intake, my gains in strength, and lbm have been great.

As far as foods that cause acne- any type of sugar, including fruits, can do it. Grains and dairy are notorious for it also.

I find that quite interesting about the fat, Ive never tried it so I might give it a shot. Ive done the high carbs and high protein but never the fat. And increasing those oils will not make my skin more oily will they? Thanks for the inputs guys

I find that quite interesting about the fat, Ive never tried it so I might give it a shot. Ive done the high carbs and high protein but never the fat. And increasing those oils will not make my skin more oily will they? Thanks for the inputs guys

Fat has 9 cals per gram, protein and carbs four. When you want to bulk up, fat can be your best friend because it packs in the calories really quickly. It also very healthy for your whole body, as long as it's not trans fat. Do some research and you'll see the benefits of these healthy fats.

i would tell you to drink a lot of milk because that seems to be working for me and my acne actually seems to be getting better since i started drinking milk again

but everyone is different so that might not work, plus i'm taking raw milk from my parents farm which is a far cry from the crap you buy in the store and you probably don't have access to that

eggs are good, so is fish, turkey, chicken, beef, nuts, cheese and some grains are alright

lift heavy and eat at least 500 cals above maintenance, more if you don't care too much about putting on some fat