Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I started a tane long or blog should I say, and it was just going nowhere. So here I am 4 and a half months into this. I am supposed to have a total of 5 months at 60 mg the entire time. However I am still breaking out. Granted the breaksouts are far between and are less severe its still absurd. My derm told me Id be clear at the end of month three, and I almost was and then of course the tane roller coster struck, but whatever. I am keeping my head down and hoping/praying for that day. So my skin has always been flawless i would get one bump a month tops, no big deal typical. However this past summer towards the end my face began to just go ape shit. I couldn't understand it. I am almost 20 years old and in my sopohmore year of college at the University of Georgia. When this began to occur it hit me so hard. My social life had been thriving, I am in a fraternity and loved being in the scene of it all. My friends have had a hard time understanding why I have turned into such a grouch, they all know im on the tane and no one seems to think I need it. However I want to go back to my old skin so badly.

Anyhoo I have been following the most recent logs, and have a few ?'s

just roll with this. have any of you other dudes gotten a rash, pinprick bumps in the happy trail region? sorry had to ask its been going on for a few weeks now weird.

When the balls will I clear up, honestly its a bit absurd.

shout out for team tane

I understand how you feel, I am 4 months into mine, and I am just starting to see results, hopefully the same will happen for you. If your doctor didn't mention it, remember it works for six to eight months after your done using.

I keep thinking that this is it. that is going to be the final purge then I get an awesome surprise. Whats worse is my derm told me she had no doubt I would be clear by thanksgiving, not even close, then she swore I would be clear by xmas nahhh. Fuck me right. My right tzone has two actives but those two just popped up. Im also going on a trip to vail with the gf and it would seriously be a blessing if I was looking good. I just hate this vicious cycle.

Yo team Tane,

Ok so this is the deal. I have a girlfriend who is beautiful and normally I feel like I am as well. Seriously though, since sept my face has exploded compared to what I did have(one pimple a month) now its like 3-5 a week. Anyway, it just kills my confidence being next to her with such flawless skin. WTF i'm four months in and just broke out worse than I have my entire course. sweet

post-118957-1261799097_thumb.jpg

yea so check it out, thats me on the far right and her right beside me. that was like 2.5 months in, i know it doesnt look bad or whatever but trust me its therepost-118957-1261799258_thumb.jpg

This picture is the very end of this summer so thats why it freaks me out. Im not trying to sound rude or arrogant acne affects us all know matter the severity it freaking sucks.

post-118957-1261799097_thumb.jpg

post-118957-1261799258_thumb.jpg

Sorry to hear that you're still struggling :( Has your derm said anything about it? If you're only on 60mg, maybe you could bump it up to 80mg? Anyway, try to enjoy your trip to Vail (so jealous, love it there!) and remember, we're our own worst critics. I'm sure your girlfriend is with you for reasons other than your skin if she's a keeper! Happy holidays!

Life is peachy at the moment. About to fly out to vail to go skiing. I can only imagine how torn up my face is going to be from the sun the wind and the frigid temps. Not to fear ceraphil is here, seriously though it's going to be a constant struggle. Since I'm still not clear and this is basically my last week of month four should I demand a higher dose? My derm has been gunho about a steady 60 mg dosage the entire time(5months). Whatever I've just grown put my beard to hide any ridiculous looking marks.

So I'll spill some personal shizzz. I drove down to charelston to surprise he gf, I had been telling her I was going to come all week then at

the last minute told her family had wrapped me

up and I couldn't make it. She was so

pissed naturally so the next am I woke

up super early to go see her when I got to chas I got so lost even though Id been there many times. So I had to break the surprise and call

her oh well still major

brownie points.

Still on that note I'm going to

be with her fam for an entire week should be quite a

time.

Sorry for the broken paragraphs. I did this on my phone.

Also do y'all think I'll need an extra month if

I'm still breaking out going into month 5?

Forgot to mention everytime I've hone to see the derm my face is lookin pretty good. And each time her words of encouragement really rightened my day so I

convince myself i've turned a corner. Yea I turned a corner straight into another gnarly breakout. Sweet. Fml. Anyway I'm going to explain what's been happening when I see her Jan 7. Holla at ya boy