Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SkinBeingaDouchebag

thinning out your hair by yourself?

How do you do it? When I went in for a haircut I forgot to ask them to do it. -_-" So right now it's really thick, it feels like a lion's mane. I dont want to go back and pay full price again just to thin out my hair. I was thinking of going to a cheaper salon just to get it thinned out but i'm afraid they might mess up my haircut. lol Anyone do it by themselves? How did it turn out? Which would be a better tool to use - razor or sheers?

I would just schedule another appointment with the same person and tell them it feels too thick and they'll probably do it for free. The person who cut it should've at least asked you if wanted it thinned out :ermm:.

If you're really determined to do it on your own, all I know is that the stylist I go to does it with both razors and shears but I'm not sure how she decides which to use.....with regular shears she first twists a section of my hair then clips off little pieces with the tips of the shears (sounds pretty risky). The razor and thinning shears seems pretty straight forward and probably wouldn't end up looking noticeable.

I would still go back lol most places are very understanding with these type of things. Even if they make you pay, they might greatly reduce it.

Edited by NessaVéneanár