Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know that dreams are not an accurate interpretation of the human thought process and that dream analysis, as it pertains to the study of the human psyche, is a controversial subject, but there's definitely a connection and I can attest that.

A little background on myself: I've been struggling with the plague that is acne - in its most severe form - for over five years. It stripped me of my happiness, confidence, etc. etc.

Recently, for about a year or so, I've been having dreams of my old, happy self. I've noticed that this happy person, who is me, is acne-scar-free. I really enjoy dreaming now because its the only time I'm free of pain. The dreams are so vivid at times that I'll think that I'm actually awake, living out my life. And that's the plot of my dream: to live out of my life as a happy person, always smiling.

Of course I'll wake up the next morning and feel the irritation of my acne scars, and I'll realize that it really was all a dream; that happiness is now but a fleeting memory. So because of this up and down cycle - dream, wake up, dream, wake up, etc. - I've logically deduced that acne scars and misery go hand in hand, and that clear skin and happiness go hand in hand. Now, I'm still a bit skeptical. Perhaps my dreams taught me to think this way; to think that its impossible to live a happy life with acne scars all over the face. Perhaps, but I doubt it since it hasn't happened yet nor has there been any sign of better things to come. Life is still the same and is still miserable and the dreams are still the only things that let me live a little.

maybe the dreams are just showing you that at one time you were happy and that being that happy again is a possibility that you can strive towards. gl as i hope for the best for you

Your dreams can become a reality.

Either take isotretinoin (if you currently have acne) or get scar surgery/dermabrasion/etc. done.

Your dreams can become a reality.

Either take isotretinoin (if you currently have acne) or get scar surgery/dermabrasion/etc. done.

If only it were that simple

i feel like the exact same way

if i could i would sleep all day and go to some dreamland and be free and do whatever and not have to live life so limited..

Your happiness does not need to leave once you wake up. You can control that, so work on it! It's hard but it's very possible. :) I hope you'll be happy in reality soon. <3

It's such a cliqué but dreams can come true! And this is something that you can take control of.

Try to think what it is in those dreams that makes you happy. Maybe create a list. Who, what, where makes you feel good? Is it just the fact that you are acne and scar free? Or is it something that you are doing, or someone's company that you are enjoying? Maybe you will find that your happiness is only slightly related to your acne and that there is a lot more that you can pick out and put into your 'real' life.

I find dreams fascinating. I almost have the opposite of what you experience. Now I don't have acne I have dreams (and like yours they are extremely vivid) going back to when I had acne. Sometimes they are quite disturbing and unsettling and that is something that I will probably have to live with forever.