Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baalzebub

Still can't enjoy life...still

My life from an outside perspective seems picture perfect - I have a good paying job, I'm attending a good school, I'm getting awesome grades, I have nice things - but the fact is that my life is quite the contrary...still. I still can't enjoy any of life's pleasures because of the damage acne has done. I can't say that I didn't try though.

Ever since I got acne, I've worked harder and more ardently than ever before, as if to compensate for all the grief, depression, and hate in my life. I've tried ignoring it, denying it, forgetting about it, but my conscience just won't let it go. At the end of every day, when I look in the mirror and see these fucking scars all over my face, I realize that all of this hard work and bullshit I put myself through is for nothing. It's all in vain. When I think about acne, like I am right now, I feel like death.

It's funny actually because my roomies are in the living room right now waiting for me to get changed to go out. It's funny how ignorant they and about 98% of the people I know are about how I feel about these scars. They all take me as a fool, or maybe I'm just that good at hiding it. Whatever the case may be, it's still all too funny because of how big a toll these fucker scars have on my sanity. It's so nice to think that I'll be spending the rest of my life in conscious denial of the fact that acne has fucked my life to hell.

Edited by Baalzebub

You know, I meant to post this worthless topic in the emotional board. I don't what I was thinking, I wasn't thinking, I'm sorry, my bad, fuck it all, fuck my life.

Good paying job? There's a ton's of really good and expensive of course scar treatments that would do the trick my friend.

I feel for you, I really do.

I could have written that post myself - I really could!

I recently got engaged, we bought a beautiful house, I have a well paid job and also teach part time. I am also studying at the moment and getting really good marks...

Although people tell me I'm beautiful, clever and all of those things, I can't stop thinking about the scars that have fucked up my face and the fear of having yet another cyst appearing.

:(

I felt the same six months back, when I had a cystic acne breakout. I was in sydney that time but i could not enjoy my trip because these fckin scars and acne were there.But this doctor there told me not to get too emotional with it.To have an acne is not bad but to ignore it and not cure it is bad.

Well, he told me that acne is just hormonal imbalances in our body.Something that is not rare.Just that some people have it more and some not.

Most important is not to feel stressed and believe that our time will also come when we will be shining .Our face will be shining.

So I took his words and felt better.

yeah man

i feel you

i've got a pretty girlfriend, good future ahead of me (i hope, fingers crossed), and a good family, etc. etc.

but i'm also very vain honestly lol

so ever since this acne shit hit me (in spurts it seems, sometimes i'm back to my old self ((physically i mean)) and sometimes I'm pizza face), I've been down.

however, lately I've taken a who gives a fuck approach and been going out anyways, now don't get me wrong , it is definitely hard but my acne is not as bad it was last year (you can read my post to get a sense of what I'm talking about), so I'm taking the initiative.

Also, and honestly, i've started using concealer and tinted moisturizer to hide marks now. and it makes me feel ALOT better, do what u gotta do u know?

but if you're stressed, try not to be. if anything stressing about it makes it worse.

what's been helping me is to avoid mirrors at all costs, ESPECIALLY AFTER a hot shower, do not do it. lol

i know how you feel, Im 19 years old, my acne problem started when i turned 18..i blame proactive commercials :( .. i had only period breakouts & now its pretty severe, trying those expensive harsh products will only make it worse.. i now have to deal with people staring & making comments...people unknowng-ly make me feel like shit when they ask or talk about my face...brings tears to my eyes every morning seeing as time makes it worse.. my parents can only help me with saying use soap and water or go see a doctor, whos never available, so now i feel alone & dont want to be in any more pictures.

my life has changed so much since i got acne. i used to be one of the best looking guys in my year and now im one of the ugliest. i got all the hot girls now i just dont bother talking to them anymore to save myself from embarresment. i dont go out with my friends becuz im so insecure. i dont think people realise the emotional effect acne has on people, it can completely change a person or hold them back from doing things. im on roaccutane at the moment and 6th week in my face looks worse then ever. i pray every night for clear skin. i really do hope that there is a cure one day!

my life has changed so much since i got acne. i used to be one of the best looking guys in my year and now im one of the ugliest. i got all the hot girls now i just dont bother talking to them anymore to save myself from embarresment. i dont go out with my friends becuz im so insecure. i dont think people realise the emotional effect acne has on people, it can completely change a person or hold them back from doing things. im on roaccutane at the moment and 6th week in my face looks worse then ever. i pray every night for clear skin. i really do hope that there is a cure one day!

Ireland has hot people? Since when???????

Indeed, acne sometimes engulf our own self in every way.But we need to keep our cool.Do not forget that they are curable.I think the better option is to talk to our dear ones about it.That would ease the emotional pressure we feel in.

I have had acne for a pretty long time and I can understand how you must be feeling.

In any case, cheer up.Turn on your fav. music album, and dance. :)

Edited by sheeri

i feel exactly the same way.

the worst part is that most people don't seem to understand. expecially those with clear skin which is petty much 80% of the people. sometimes the topic comes up and you try to explain but end up feeling you should have kept quite in the first place.

I know it sucks to feel that way

I went from being in your shoes, to thinking i FOUND MY ANSWER!!! (i quit eating gluten and my whole life changed - no acne, no stomach issues, etc...) to now, the worse acne and scarring ive ever had.... it all came back after 2 years of being free from it.

Im 28 years old and my friends and family all have perfect skin - I dont have ONE FRIEND or Family member who has acne still... not one. I was just away for christmas with my family and cried twice at least because I cant even cover up my face with make up any more... its that bad. Dont get me wrong, I still try to cover it all up but it looks horrible. I cant stand to look in mirrors, I cant stand to go to stores because of the lighting... ACNE AFFECTS EVERYTHING ABOUT WHO YOU ARE and how you live your life.

My boyfriend is fed up - I know hes tired of me talking about it and cant stand that my face just keeps getting worse even after all these recent trips to the derm... Hes tired of dealing with a girlfriend with acne im sure (he's never said this but we have dated on and off for 11 years and you can just tell, hes over it too)- I dont remember the last time he touched my face... I have a feeling before this is all "over" if it ever is... We will break up. Here I was this time last year thinking we'd be getting engaged by next xmas (when my face was clear and I thought I figured it all out) but who wants to marry an anti-social girl who cant get dressed in the morning without crying because she cant look at her self in the mirror... Seriously... I cant even IMAGINE a wedding day... haha, the lighting changes the photographs the hair pulled back...

I completely understand where you are - where you all are

It isnt fair and I keep telling myself stop thinking like this, its not helping ... but its almost impossible to stop thinking about something that affects your daily routines so much - my mom always says, try being me, I have chrons disease (dont get me wrong, its a horrible disease and I know it affects her every day) But No one would know by looking at her she has Chrons...its not written all over her face. its different and NO ONE UNDERSTANDS IT unless they live with it

I seriously have love for all of you - who feel like I do. I am to the point in my life where I dont have anyone to talk to about this - my parents are beyond frustrated and cant even begin to think im going to go on accutane in Jan - and my boyfriend, well we already talked about that....I have no one and now I find myself on this website all the time, looking for answers and appreciating the help.

I think its important to let go of the ego. Once you can let this go you can truely free yourself.

Your worst critic and worst enemy by far is yourself or your ego.

Live life to the fullest with courage.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">

Ireland has hot people? Since when???????

Whod you think REALLY brought sexyback!!

Hahahaha jkn!

Hey yes i completely understand how you feel. I also have a lot of scars. I am also getting good grades and stuff i dont really dont care. I will never b happy until my skin improves. I am not hoping for flawless skin. I am just hoping to have average or below average skin. Right now my scars r severe. I dont care if i die aswell.

Good paying job? There's a ton's of really good and expensive of course scar treatments that would do the trick my friend.

I have had the best scar treatments avaliable done. The improvement is not much because I have too much scars. SO unless u have mild scarring the treatments will not b effective.