Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm doing it...

I've almost reached my limit. The one thing left to try is the one thing I've been avoiding for so long... Accutane.

If this doesn't work, that is it.

I'm going to be seeing my doctor in a few days to discuss the side effects and what not...

I'm doing this more for sebum control rather than acne, though I do have breakouts pretty often...

I currently use Proactiv, which works no miracles. Does anyone know if it is save to wash with Proactiv while taking Accutane? How long would it typically take to see a decrease in sebum production while on 10mg per day?

I want to take the lowest dose possible to minimize the risk of serious side effects while taking a dose high enough to successfully control my sebum production.

Would you all say 10mg would work, in most cases?

I will be talking to my doctor about all of this, I'd just like some opinions from people who have experience with Accutane.

I'm pretty sure 20mg is the minimum. It depends how much you weigh.

Don't use BP or any products while on Accutane cause your face will be already extremely dry. Get Cetaphil Cleanser & Moisturizer awesome products non-comedogenic they work really well with or without Accutane.

Again 10mg will take a while depending on your weight.

I wouldn't use Proactiv on Accutane. Any soapy face wash burns my face right now. I'd suggest getting a soap free, gentle cleanser and not using any topical acne creams/gels.

I recommend Cetaphil and Spectro. They are really good cleansers, forget about the harsh Proactiv.

I'm on 10mg/day at 150lbs and it's enough to stop the oil flow to make it through the day. I also use Dan's BP morning and night. But before I started Accutane, I could take a bath in BP if I wanted and now I am slightly red from the BP.