Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
onateo

How to deal with this type of acne?

I'm nineteen, I've had acne for years, and for a long time now it's been exactly the same without any improvement. It's on my cheeks, in patches, and these patches seem to be there permanently. They are made up of lots of red bumps. These bumps are always there, the never develop into proper spots, they never get any better. I don't even know what they are.

I rarely break out properly any more. I get maybe one or two new spots every few days, that's it. But these permanent patches are just always there and they won't budge. How do you treat this? Nothing I try will get rid of them. I don't want to be stuck with them forever.

I have tried all sorts of cleansers and moisturizers like Clearsil and Clean + Clear, that are designed for acne-prone skin, but all of them make my skin uncontrollably dry.

Lately, I've been using an entirely natural regime -- cleaser, toner and moisturizer that all are made from natural ingredients, and all made specifically for oily skin. I use an exfoliating face mask twice a week, that is also natural and for acne-prone skin.

I once tried BP cream, but the result was horrific. So, so dry and sore. I couldn't keep using it.

These patches on my skin just seem to be there all the time, and nothing I do makes them go away. They're not even real spots though, so I don't know what to do.

Have you tried Differen or Azeliac Acid? Or Tea Tree Oil products are supossed to be good also (E.g. Thursday Plantation is a brand, it's Australian) (I'm Aussie, lol).

But I'm waiting for my order for the cleanser, moisturiser and mask from SkinB5, have a look....

http://www.skinb5.com/

wow this may be what I'm experiencing, I have it on my cheeks and theres like NO improvement, its just red and all over my cheeks, I rarely get a breakout, do you wanna PM each other pics and compare? Im really interested.

rosacea is like red skin but no bumps, if she has what i do (flat bumps) then its not rosacea but its odd that they have no improvement where as breakouts come and go, shitty thing for me is that my acne that doesnt change covers all of my cheeks and are red as hell -_-

wow this may be what I'm experiencing, I have it on my cheeks and theres like NO improvement, its just red and all over my cheeks, I rarely get a breakout, do you wanna PM each other pics and compare? Im really interested.

Sure. I mean, are you sure you want to see this? It's pretty gross looking.

Okay, now I'm worried. I had never really thought about rosacea before because I thought this was just persistent acne but now I'm not so sure. The bumps are very small. I call them bumps because they do look raised and my skin does looks bumpy. However, when I touch my face, I can't really feel them.

I'm just going to post pictures of my skin and you can tell me what you think. I apologise, because I know this is gross. These are real close ups of the patchy areas.

Is this acne or rosacea?

1] CLICK

2] CLICK

3] CLICK

Either way, how do I treat this? As I said before, actual break-outs are rare. But this seems to never go away.