Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
onateo

What the hell is my skin type?

Seriously, I don't what is up with my skin. People seperate skin types into three categories -- oily, dry, and combination. My skin seems to be both oily AND dry at the same time. It can't be combination skin, because I'm not oily in certain places and dry in others, I seem to be both all over. But I don't see how that's possible.

My skin looks oily, and it feels oily, and by the end of the day, it's so oily that you could literally fry food on my face. However, it's flaky as well. There is not one area on my face that does not flake. I can only use certain foundations, and I have to be carfeul about applying them because my skin flakes so easily. By the end of the day, as well as the oil, there is also dry skin in places.

The annoying thing is, that people recommend exfoliating to remove dead skin cells, but this doesn't seem to work at all. It doesn't remove any dead skin cells, it just roughs up my face. It's not because I'm doing it wrong, or because I'm using the wrong type. I've tried numerous popular products, and I exfoliate twice a week, but literally as soon as I'm done, my skin is flaking in places.

I don't understand what is happening to my skin. Having acne is bad enough without all this random peeling. I don't know how to control it, I feel like I've tried everything.

I would be willing to perhaps consider that the oil is mostly on my T-zone so perhaps I do have combination skin, but this can't be so because the bulk of my acne is on my cheeks, there's barely any on my T-zone. WTF? Also, this doesn't explain why exfoliating doesn't seem to help.

I've even tried moisture masks on my cheeks to see if that helped, but right after I remove them, my skin is flaky again.

Goddammit...

Could hydration have something to do with it? I seriously barely drink a thing all day. I have a sip of something in the morning, then I don't drink again until the evening, and it's only a small glass. To be honest, I don't know how my body is able to run on so little water. Anyway, could this be affecting my skin? My diet isn't great either. Do you think that could have something to do with it? I don't see how it could make such a difference. If I started drinking water regularily, how long would it be before it started helping my skin look better?