Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Axxith

Scars AND hyperpigmentation in the same place?

Posted

So recently I examined my left cheek only to find that what I believed were hyperpigmentation marks from past acne, were also somewhat indented (thus a 'scar'). Now they're not deeply indented, somewhat shallow. However, in addition to the scar there's hyperpigmentation to it as well. I'm considering dermarolling, but would that affect the hyperpigmentation too or no? I'm considering doing a 20% TCA peel for the hyperpigmentation, yet not sure which i should get rid of first (the scar or hyperpigmentation)? :/

Posted

I have the same issue. Spots which i thought were just red marks are slightly indented when looking closely.

Im considering dermarolling too but I don't think it takes away the redness.

Posted
I have the same issue. Spots which i thought were just red marks are slightly indented when looking closely.

Im considering dermarolling too but I don't think it takes away the redness.

it's annoying huh? I had two TCA peel treatments done on the spots (first 15% and then 20%) and it only lightened my marks. I don't know if it did anything to the indents since I wasn't teating the area for scars, just hyperpigmentation.

I'm actually going to purchase a dermaroller (3-line one since I don't want to cover my entire face with it) and some numbing cream. Hopefully once i have my scars out of the way I'll just keep using Dan's AHA+/Retinol 1% to decrease the redness.