Notifications
Clear all

Combo Treatment: Subsicion + Fraxel + Re-Cell

MemberMember
(@ernestoria)

Posted : 12/21/2009 4:41 pm

Executive Summary:

After 7 years waiting and months of research I decided to undergo treatment for my severe acne scaring with Dr. Khan in Hayley Street, London. On December 24th I will undergo Subsicion, Fraxel Re:pair and Re-Cell all in one go over a period of 4 hours. I have created this post to share my story with you all.

--------------------

Dear All,

I joined this forum a while ago when I started a long research process to find out how to get rid of my severe acne scaring. It took me a lot of reading and browsing through the message boards to understand all different types of scar treatments, their benefits, risks, etc.

The very first challenge was to understand all the different type treatments (leave the types of lasers alone!) and my own skin type and condition to finally determine what was the most advisable procedure I should go for. After a few months of research and the help of many of you fellow acne.org users I came to the conclusion that Fraxel Re:pair was probably my best option.

The second challenge was to then find out what doctors in the UK do the procedure and also find references and talk to people who had met them and had previous experiences with them. I did all that research, used all the search options of these message boards and came up with a list of 12 doctors in the UK who could do the procedure. Of those 12 I chose five and made appointments to go and have different opinions.

I visited some famous doctors in London, from Hayley Street to Knightbridge and other areas of London and I must say that I wasn't very impressed with some of them. Specially those who i had to even pay consultation for. I finally felt that Dr. Khan in Hayley Street was the most professional and experienced and I somehow felt a connection with him. He also show willingness to take me up as a case, whereas other doctors where reluctant to do even Fraxel Restore give my dark features.

Dr Khan, not only recommended me to do Fraxel Re:pair but also said that subsicion would be very good and suitable for me, specially having it done just before the Fraxel. I had come across the subsicion techniques during my research but never considered as an option. He explained well and I became more interested in the possibility of a COMBINATION PROCEDURE which could bring better results. I slept on it, consulted other dermatologist and surgeons (friends of mine abroad) and also did my own research and my finding were that the combination was supposed to create great results, so I decided to go ahead.

A few days later, the Khans also suggested to have Re-Cell during the same day (not sure if this is the right spelling!). Basically to take a sample of healthy skin from my neck, and produce a solution based on a mix of enzymes with my own collagen which the Dr then would spray onto my skin after the laser. This procedure, apparently very recent, is supposed to enhance the healing of the skin and accelerate the regeneration of collagen.

I decided to have the three procedures done on the same day. So, this Thursday 24th December I will be going to have subsicion first, then Fraxel Re:pair and Re-Cell. An estimated 4 hours procedure all together.

In order to prepare my skin Dr. Khan has injected Botox on my forehead and put me on Pigmanorm a week before the procedures.

To give you a bit more info about my case:

I had terrible acne outbreak between I was 13 and 26. Unfortunately I didn't manage to control it until I was 21 by the time I had already lot of damaged skin and scaring. I am from South America (Latin Skin), Skin Type IV with -apparently- dark features, brown eyes, black hair. I have taken photos for you to see.

My risk include: bronzing, hyper-pigmentation and the typical possibility of another acne outbreak. I have requested Dr. Khan to put me on antibiotics just in case.

My story begins this Thursday 24th December 2009.

This is probably the best Xmas Present I have ever give to myself.

PHOTOS TO FOLLOW

post-83448-1261441674_thumb.jpg

post-83448-1261441693_thumb.jpg

post-83448-1261441705_thumb.jpg

whatisthispain and liked
MemberMember
(@thx)

Posted : 12/21/2009 4:59 pm

Executive Summary:

After 7 years waiting and months of research I decided to undergo treatment for my severe acne scaring with Dr. Khan in Hayley Street, London. On December 24th I will undergo Subsicion, Fraxel Re:pair and Re-Cell all in one go over a period of 4 hours. I have created this post to share my story with you all.

--------------------

Dear All,

I joined this forum a while ago when I started a long research process to find out how to get rid of my severe acne scaring. It took me a lot of reading and browsing through the message boards to understand all different types of scar treatments, their benefits, risks, etc.

The very first challenge was to understand all the different type treatments (leave the types of lasers alone!) and my own skin type and condition to finally determine what was the most advisable procedure I should go for. After a few months of research and the help of many of you fellow acne.org users I came to the conclusion that Fraxel Re:pair was probably my best option.

The second challenge was to then find out what doctors in the UK do the procedure and also find references and talk to people who had met them and had previous experiences with them. I did all that research, used all the search options of these message boards and came up with a list of 12 doctors in the UK who could do the procedure. Of those 12 I chose five and made appointments to go and have different opinions.

I visited some famous doctors in London, from Hayley Street to Knightbridge and other areas of London and I must say that I wasn't very impressed with some of them. Specially those who i had to even pay consultation for. I finally felt that Dr. Khan in Hayley Street was the most professional and experienced and I somehow felt a connection with him. He also show willingness to take me up as a case, whereas other doctors where reluctant to do even Fraxel Restore give my dark features.

Dr Khan, not only recommended me to do Fraxel Re:pair but also said that subsicion would be very good and suitable for me, specially having it done just before the Fraxel. I had come across the subsicion techniques during my research but never considered as an option. He explained well and I became more interested in the possibility of a COMBINATION PROCEDURE which could bring better results. I slept on it, consulted other dermatologist and surgeons (friends of mine abroad) and also did my own research and my finding were that the combination was supposed to create great results, so I decided to go ahead.

A few days later, the Khans also suggested to have Re-Cell during the same day (not sure if this is the right spelling!). Basically to take a sample of healthy skin from my neck, and produce a solution based on a mix of enzymes with my own collagen which the Dr then would spray onto my skin after the laser. This procedure, apparently very recent, is supposed to enhance the healing of the skin and accelerate the regeneration of collagen.

I decided to have the three procedures done on the same day. So, this Thursday 24th December I will be going to have subsicion first, then Fraxel Re:pair and Re-Cell. An estimated 4 hours procedure all together.

In order to prepare my skin Dr. Khan has injected Botox on my forehead and put me on Pigmanorm a week before the procedures.

I had terrible acne outbreak between I was 13 and 26. Unfortunately I didn't manage to control it until I was 21 by the time I had already lot of damaged skin and scaring. I am from South America (Latin Skin), Skin Type IV with -apparently- dark features, brown eyes, black hair. I have taken photos for you to see.

My risk include: bronzing, hyper-pigmentation and the typical possibility of another acne outbreak. I have requested Dr. Khan to put me on antibiotics just in case.

PHOTOS TO FOLLOW

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@michael24)

Posted : 12/21/2009 9:22 pm

I wish you the best of luck. Keep us updated.

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 12/21/2009 9:26 pm

Good Luck Sir!!

MemberMember
(@jm0524)

Posted : 12/22/2009 1:02 am

Good luck, Ernestoria! And please keep posting about your improvements.

MemberMember
(@zupelman)

Posted : 12/22/2009 4:14 am

I think the best treatment for you would be adipose derived stem cells...

MemberMember
(@vanzzzz)

Posted : 12/22/2009 4:58 am

Good luck with your treatment. And I admire your bravery. I know it is not easy to post your pics on the forums.

Hopefully you will get the improvement you seek.

MemberMember
(@noworries)

Posted : 12/22/2009 8:43 am

best of luck man

keep fighting

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/22/2009 9:13 am

your in good hands..tell dr khan sami says hi and that my scarring and redness has totaly gone by the way!:D

id say if you really wanted to you could go for the stem cell + upgraded prp right after the subcision and before the fraxel

best of luck bro..

MemberMember
(@mchlle)

Posted : 12/22/2009 10:11 am

Nice post, I wish you the best of luck!!!

What treatment did u get done icaretohelp?

MemberMember
(@sixfeetunder)

Posted : 12/22/2009 10:43 am

Best of luck to you, ernestoria. It's also really great of you to provide pictures as I'm sure many of us will be interested in following your journey.

Good luck! :D

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/22/2009 11:41 am

upgraded prp microneedling fraxel repair stem cells etc

the lot:) its been a journey but its pretty much over..been using DPL LED therapy every day for 18 minutes and thats helped a lot too

bro the stem cell thing i dont think he could do in such short notice but i really..REALLY reccomend you do The upgraded PRP right after Subcision and before fraxel repair.

Its quick and he can do it..and it would only enhance your results..recell is good as it also minimzes the chances of hyperpigmentation

MemberMember
(@o_adam_o)

Posted : 12/22/2009 12:15 pm

hey man, just wishing you good luck dude! hope you can get to a level which your happy with!

MemberMember
(@michael24)

Posted : 12/22/2009 1:36 pm

Executive Summary:

--------------------

Dear All,

PHOTOS TO FOLLOW

post-83448-1261441674_thumb.jpg

post-83448-1261441693_thumb.jpg

post-83448-1261441705_thumb.jpg

I was wondering why you did not opt to have the stemcell and PRP treatement. Was it not offered, perhaps to expensive?

MemberMember
(@acnepwns)

Posted : 12/22/2009 2:50 pm

Good luck

MemberMember
(@ernestoria)

Posted : 12/23/2009 6:05 am

What's Upgraded PRP?

It was never mentioned to me!

I am going in tomorrow morning! Less than 24 hrs to go!

Re the Stem Cells question, I will be doing Stem Cells afterwards.... :)

MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 12/23/2009 7:28 pm

What's Upgraded PRP?

It was never mentioned to me!

I am going in tomorrow morning! Less than 24 hrs to go!

Re the Stem Cells question, I will be doing Stem Cells afterwards.... :)

[/quote

Great "before" photos.

Keep us all posted on your results. I believe that the combination treatment you're going to have should bring you some type of improvement.

Be sure to post photos later.

In the meantime, Merry Christmas!

Matt

MemberMember
(@lamarr1986)

Posted : 12/23/2009 8:14 pm

Good luck dude, hope all goes well!

MemberMember
(@jjp007)

Posted : 12/23/2009 9:35 pm

Good luck~ Can't wait to hear all about it.

MemberMember
(@ernestoria)

Posted : 12/24/2009 6:08 pm

Day 1: The Actual Procedure Done

I got in early and the Dr. put the topical anaesthetic and gave me antibiotics and other pills. All the preparation. I got very drowsy and then after an hour or so I went into the treatment room.

Dr. Khan started with subsicion. I thought it was going to hurt but I think he injected more anaesthetic and then did the subsicion. I didn't really feel anything. I am not sure how long that took, for me it was very very quick but I now think I was losing sense of time due to drowsiness.

The Dr. then told me whe were going to proceed to do the Fraxel Laser, but before that he took a biopsia of healthy skin from my neck to start preparing the Re-Cell.

The we started we the Fraxel Re:Pair, at the beginning it was a bit painful but not that much. I was handling it well. Doctor say he was going to do 8 passes and I was counting them in my head. Passes 6, 7 and 8 were quite strong. I has also said he was going to apply a pretty strong setting.

Suddenly my whole body started to shiver, I was shaking very strongly. I felt my chest and legs shaking real bad and I could not control it. I was very scared. I tried to relax but my body was taking over me. I asked the doctor and he said, that was normal as my body was being 'traumatized'. I concentrated hard on controlling my body to avoid my head moving much so that the laser could go well.

Then the pain started to become really strong, I felt it was burning my skin real hard. I was screaming in pain. It was really tough, but somehow I managed to cope. I asked the Dr. for some rest intervals and he let me rest for a few minutes and then we resumed. He was very reassuring and was talking to me throughout the procedure. He is a very nice man. I feel very thankful toward him for being my healer.

We then finished the laser, he left me rest a few minutes and then sprayed the Re-Cell solution all over my face and applied all the bandage.

When I came out the room it was about 2,30 pm. I had been under treatment for about 2 hrs or maybe more, but I felt it was just like 30 mins. I had lost sense of time but I was conscious throughout the procedure and remember everything very clearly.

I came home very drowsy and struggled to walk, I was put to bed and didnt sleep but rested. About 8 pm I was feeling very hungry but I can't talk or open my mouth, my skin feels very tense, tight and all frozen or paralized. I have also been feeling a bit sick like if I wanted to throw up.

I tried to eat some soup recently and it was ok but then I started to feel really sick and about an hour ago I vomited badly. All that I had eaten. But now I felt very relieved and now I feel perfectly fine. I feel no pain in my face. I eat again and I feel good. I am rested and will be going to sleep soon.

The change that I have noticed throughout the day is the skin. Now it all turning really red/black due to the blood I guess. and I am very very swollen. I have taking a picture for yo to see. Looks dreadful, but apparently days 3 and 4 will be the worse. I will update this blog every evening to show progress.

Thanks for reading.

post-83448-1261695798_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@grade2syndrome)

Posted : 12/24/2009 7:53 pm

glad to see the pain has gone away and you can eat okay. Has the doctor mentioned how long the healing time is? do you have to go in multiple times?

MemberMember
(@werdemup)

Posted : 12/24/2009 8:13 pm

good luck i really hope you see a decent improvement

MemberMember
(@mchlle)

Posted : 12/25/2009 2:33 pm

How are you doing ernestoria?

MemberMember
(@acnepwns)

Posted : 12/26/2009 1:25 am

Thanks for the details on your treatment so far.

Hang in there man. Downtime is no fun. I think you will achieve good results after another 2 or more rounds of subcision and another 3 or more rounds of fraxel.

I am going in for my first round of subcision in less than two weeks. I am looking forward to it.

MemberMember
(@ernestoria)

Posted : 12/26/2009 5:30 am

Day 3: Really Swollen Face

Things have not changed much. The only difference is that swelling has really increased. As you can see on the pic below. My eyes are practically buried due to the swollen skin. I feel my skin trapped within the bandages but these will come off later tonight.

I had seen lots of pics of days 2,3 and 4 but hadnt seen so much swelling as I have today. I know the Dr went really strong with the settings of the laser and I guess that is why, plus the fact that I also had subsicion at the same time.

Good news is that I feel no pain at all, only a lot of discomfort due to the big swollen face. Note that I even have like to two balls/marbles of swollen skin between my eyes by the nose bone.

I also find it difficult to sleep a bit because I am very aware I should not touch my face and also because I am used to sleep on my side and now I am trying to sleep just on my back. That is giving me a bit of lower back pain.

Since last night I managed to eat. I have a bit of more mobility in my mouth.

I generally feel fine. It's just the discomfort. This is really testing my patience. But hopefully all will be relieved tonight when I take the bandages off.

post-83448-1261823353_thumb.jpg