Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mac_j

Why are doctors so damn high on fraxel?

Everytime I go to the derm they hype of fraxel and tell me all this bullshit about how its going to really help. Why do the go bananas over this shit?

Well, in the derms defense, its pretty cheap compared to other docs because it's at a university. Like 500 per treatment I think. But they're still all over fraxel's nutz.

Everytime I go to the derm they hype of fraxel and tell me all this bullshit about how its going to really help. Why do the go bananas over this shit?

Always ignore medical research and physian to physian dialog, and instead rely on opinions from people who have never had a procedure. Don't read any of the information that I have posted or look any further than the first page of this forum. I always tried to be helpful because most people don't understand lasers, but I was called bitter and resentful so I guess I am now. It is part of human nature that man routinely ignores double-blind medical studies, instead listening to uninformed opinions. Jenny McCarthy and Oprah Winfrey come to mind.

Guest icaretohelp

dudeleydoitright

fact is..very few people have been satisified with the outcome of fractional co2's on acne scars.

you are in the minority.

how about you look at posts on realself regarding fractional co2 and acne scars..its less then 15% ..forget lines and wrinkles and all that hoohaa

medical smedicale..you could have been one of those people ..ie the majority who didnt get a good result from fraxel co2..( me for one)...just because its the most marketed doesnt mean its the best.

bio regenerative medicine and a good skincare regiem has removed my acne scars..i actualy have none..been doing DPL led and using collagen and elstin building creams afterwards

WE are all happy u had results..but facts are..ppl are not satisifed with results on acne scarring with the FRAXEL CO2 laser..yes fraxel REPAIR.

why are you frustrated when the results are clearly aside from a tiny minority..very lame and infact has made many ppls skin worse.?

ICareToHelp, my goal was to get people informed. Lasers are very confusing and there is more misinformation out there, mostly from people who are ignorant of lasers. It doesn't matter squat to me if anybody does Re:pair, just listen to research and not anecdotal evidence that has no basis in fact. I have tried Dermarolling and Copper Peptides and found nothing to endorse them, but I will not criticize them unless questioned directly, because they may in the long term prove beneficial to some, and there is some quality scientific research behind them. You will also notice I don't praise Dermabrasion or regular CO2 resurfacing because I don't believe they can go deep enough to improve most acne scars. I question your 15% figure because RealSelf indicates 58% considered Re:pair beneficial. I believe this percentage would go up dramatically if more people did multiple treatments, because results after the initial laser are not that dramatic. I have posted Christine's RealSelf thread on the problems she encountered with Re:pair because I consider it important that people know their are risks. I also warn dark skinned people to be especially careful with any laser. I have also panned the postings by AWalker on RealSelf, because she was very vocal and never had Re:pair.

Lamaar has an excellent tread called Hey Guys and he is using LED arrays. I have posted a link from the Yahoo forum lead by LEDMan(V) - LEDEffects, and there is tons of information on LEDs that everyone concerned with their skin should start researching. Fraxel Re:pair is not the be all to end all, but it is what finally worked for me. I can't talk about subcision or any of the other treatments that may or may not work. Re:pair is not the answer for everybody. I am just trying to prod people to do research instead of taking uninformed comments as the gospel.

I wish I could get everybody to listen to Dr Dean Edell, and he would help them get their heads screwed on correctly. Don't listen to paid celebrities endorsing crap they have no understanding of. Dr Edell is on http://www.kgoam810.com/Article.asp?id=49920 Monday- Friday from 1PM to 2 PM. His show is archived weekly. Another great show that teaches critical thinking is Penn & Teller's BS show that is archived here http://tv.blinkx.com/show/penn-teller-bull...2vb-SA6JnNYo#s7 People will find out they are being fed a line of crap.

Congratulation on your success, that is what this is all about.

Haha Dudley, I guess you know me personally enough to know who I've talked too and what I've done. I've read your posts, but I am not you and what works for you may not work for me. I didn't know that if someone else calls you bitter and resentful it also means I called you that. For being the self proclaimed oldest poster you need to grow up and not take your anger or frustration out on others. Man up and direct it to whomever stated that remark. I have no respect for you and the way you came at me. I'm not predjudice, anybody can get it.

Haha Dudley, I guess you know me personally enough to know who I've talked too and what I've done. I've read your posts, but I am not you and what works for you may not work for me. I didn't know that if someone else calls you bitter and resentful it also means I called you that. For being the self proclaimed oldest poster you need to grow up and not take your anger or frustration out on others. Man up and direct it to whomever stated that remark. I have no respect for you and the way you came at me. I'm not predjudice, anybody can get it.

I am sorry, That was actualy the continuation of a post from another thread where another poster called me bitter and resentful. I took it out on you. As for having no respect for me, you know what you can do with that comment.

Well Dudley, I actually didn't totally not respect you, but your post had me heated. But why apologize if your going to add a "shove it up your ass" at the end, and you know that's what you meant.

Mac_J, I am a wee bit agressive, so this is my final apology. I was ticked at somebody else, and you just happened to get in the way. Lets let bygones be bygones, I am really just here to help people understand lasers as much as I am capable. There is so much misinformation floating around and people are not making informed decisions, instead relying on hearsay and anecdotal evidence.

To more calmly reply to your initial question you have only to look at the costs of these lasers and realize that the doctor will push whatever laser that he sunk his money into. This is why it is incumbent on the patient to research the proper treatment and then seek out a doctor who is proficient in their choice. This is totally different from the normal way we have learned to seek medical attention. You don't need a diagnosis of the problem, you know you have acne scars. You want to know the best way to treat them but if you randomly pick a derm he will be biased toward what he has to offer, and that may or may not be what you need. It is a crapshhot. Do the research! I have posted many links that will help if you decide on the laser route. Lamaar has an excellent thread http://www.acne.org/messageboard/guys-t217908.html that is one of the busiest threads on this forum. The only busier thread would have to be the one on Stem Cells started by Bulgarian http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Stem-Cell...ep-t222851.html Whatever works for each individual is what matters, not any particular modality.