Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brissyguy

Ansr + ThermaClear

Hey guys I was looking at products (blue/red light therapy in particular): Australian Prices

ANSR: $200 - Cute, Portablen Blue+Red but delivers 430nm of blue (not as effective, as many users say that anything over 420nm won't work)

ThermaClear: $160 (free postage for christmas) It looks good and works on heat zapping the zit to clear it in 24-72 hours dramatically. I have no money so I probably will get this in 2010 just for the newly formed zits

Tanda: Covers wide areas of the face for acne, Red+Blue, This time it's 415nm blue but it's $500 for the blue acne kit alone!

I'm going to buy the Tanda and will tell you if it works well ...

If anyone's got any past experiences with ANY of these, it'll be great to hear!

Edited by Brissyguy

I've read repeatedly on the forums, so it's by members, that anything over 420nm won't penetrate the skin because it's a different wave length.

Additionally, you will need to do it far longer than 72 hours to start getting substantial results. Good luck!

Grr, that's so annoying! Why would they make a product that's 430nm in blue then? That's going to have NO effect! Oh well, Guess I'll just have to fork out money for a more expensive, weird looking one.

Hey guys I was looking at products (blue/red light therapy in particular): Australian Prices

<snip>

Tanda: Covers wide areas of the face for acne, Red+Blue, This time it's 415nm blue but it's $500 for the blue acne kit alone!

I'm going to buy the Tanda and will tell you if it works well ...

If anyone's got any past experiences with ANY of these, it'll be great to hear!

I have Tanda Professional. I'm Australian too but I bought mine in the US from skincareRX.com - it worked out cheaper than buying it here.

Tanda is effective on acne as long as you spend the time using the device. To cover my chin (my acne problem area) it takes 6 minutes of treatment time. One treatment involves you holding the blue light in one place for 3 minutes. It took about 5 weeks of twice-daily use to get clear. I did start to see results sooner than that though. I also used the red light and really like it for reducing redness and inflammation.

Be warned - Tanda is notorious for battery problems. Mine worked perfectly as a cordless unit for 2 months and then stopped holding a charge. It works fine plugged into the charging cradle though. You get a 1 year warranty from Tanda but I hear of people exchanging the faulty unit for a new one, only for the new one to get the same problem!

There are other devices out there on the market that I would consider instead of Tanda if I were you. Lightstim, Lightwave CS, Baby Quasar, Omnilux Clear U, Trophy Skin to name a few.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply lily, I've added you as a friend and pm'd you so hopefully we can continue this discussion without creating a long thread.

I have looked into the other ones and Tanda was available and comes with a one year warranty and It's got pretty good reviews and is a major player in the industry.

I bought it because I was too lazy and desperate to wait for shipping =p

It's fricking expensive though, and I am also experiencing the minor problem with the adapter.

Brissyguy,

Type in: Bright Therapy 412 LEDs in your browser.

It's also on ebay. For the price it's totally a deal. Only been using it a couple of weeks, however, I got small dots on my face and it appeared to pull a lot of junk out the second week. I use it two times a day :X They say you can't really do too much. Some articles state that going over 4joules cm2 make it not as effective. So I'm trying to do the 4 joules every treatment but 2 treatments a day in the beginning. Like bulking up on Accutane in the beginning for instance. Hope this helps.

Wow there is also a $59 handheld one on there. Thats crazy cheap! I only have a few PERSISTENT(GAAAH) cysts left so im considering that smaller one to treat them individually.

Any chance you think this might work?

Progression, first link for 412 LEDs was ebay and it was free shipping just over $100. Seems good but I'm really paranoid so I like buying things in store or things with a big fan base.

Leebo, just make sure the blue light is 405nm-420nm and the red is 660nm. Also, read on Light Therapy abit more and make sure it has enough wattage/LEDS etc.

A user on the forum told me about PDT (PhotoDynamicTherapy) which is basically the same thing but instead of JUST getting rid of P.Acnes (bacteria which cause acne by eating sebum and clogging our pores) PDT also SHRINKS sebaceous/oil glands. Which is really interesting/good!

I think you can only get PDT in doctor's offices or in salons so I think blue/red light therapy for most of us is sufficient as we can use it everyday.

Currently have Tanda red and blue and we'll see how it goes in a few weeks ....

Brissyguy,

I know what you mean. I took the risk 3 weeks ago and so far I see great results. I've been breaking out like crazy this last few months. I did accutane last year and this is the first break outs since then. Wish I never took Accutane.

Anyways, I had a couple of mid size blemishes the first week but since the last two weeks not one new one! I had a bunch of small red dots on my face for about 48 hours, like it was pulling out sebum.

I'm so excited because I feel like I can start doing needling and dermarolling in a week.

I bought it from a website Bright Therapy dot com.

It's from Japan and the guy who wrote the manual speaks English as a second language because there's a bunch of grammatical errors and misspellings.

I haven't changed my diet of coffee and alcohol on weekends, even though I do eat a lot of live greens.

It's interesting because I'm using clearasil's 10% BP on the spots and doing two light treatments a day it's totally taking my red spots out faster than ever. I feasibly can see all red marks gone in one month. Which is totally unheard of.

Luckily I hear too much light therapy I heard only deminishes results and not affect a person health wise because I really don't know the mW so I can calculate 4J=cm2. These lights are super bright I couldn't see anything being actually brighter in my eyes, no pun intended.

Hi I'm considering getting one of these things.I've had the Omnilux Professional treatments and I did find my skin was clearer but the cost was getting out of hand.

Can you tell me which shops have Omnilux etc.

I know The Shaver Shop sells Tanda but apart from that I don't know where to look

I was on Roacutane too and I wish I'd never heard of it :(