Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can anyone tell me why a couple of days after a heavy session i break out. Is there anything i can do to try and prevent this or at least limit the damage, cos givin up drinkin is just not an option wink.gif

ok you have to thank me really hard, I have grabbed the package out of the dumpster and I used it to carry a used condom...

Carduus Marianus is a plant what cleans the liver from sugars and alcohol. it comes in simple pills.

Caffine and Alcohol cause Flushing and breakouts. Say u have a lil bit of a tan, well when u wake up the next morning after drinkin all night, ur skin will look really dark because of the flushing from the alcohol. Flushing and gettin breakouts is almost a good thing in that it pushes all the bacteria out instead of letting it stay underneath and spread. Think of it as a good thing. :whistle:

Thats strange the more I drink the better my skin is, which is why I have a fridge full of Stella all the time. Seriously though after a heavy drinking session defo drink lots of water to flush out the toxins and stop dehydration.

Someone get the drinks in.....

It seems like alcohol in moderation is OK for me as well but I always chase it with a few bottles of water as well as a healthy snack and always make sure I do the regimen before I crash out for the night...it's different for everyone I guess?

I think dancing is the devil because when your dancing in a club you sweat, and it can be all hot and stuffy plus you have those idiots smoking...its not good for the pores amigo

I think dancing is the devil because when your dancing in a club you sweat, and it can be all hot and stuffy plus you have those idiots smoking...its not good for the pores amigo

Stop right there, enough of smoker bashing.

My Mum just bought me a 20 pack of cigars while away seeing relatives in Spain.

Its taken me about a week to smoke four but I'm starting to enjoy it, I just don't like the funny looks I get in the street.

Hope it doesn't really affect my skin though

from skintactix.com about coffee --

Stress has a strong relationship to acne and a profound impact.  When under stress the body produces hormonal steroids, such as cortisol (a corticosteroid hormone frequently called hydrocortisone).  Like other hormonal steroids (testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, etc.) these chemicals target the skin in a disruptive manner and acne flare-ups may coincide with increased stress.

Diet:  Research suggests that coffee (with or without caffeine) stimulates the production of cortisol (see the above section on stress) and acts just like stress.  Coffee may be a promoter of acne and its consumption should be limited.