Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ind1g0

How long did it take you to get clear?

I've been on the regimen for about three weeks now. I had mild to moderate acne before starting. Since starting, it has been consistently moderate, with no improvement (if anything, its gotten worse). I am aware of 'purging' but is three weeks into it really realistic? Is it not working for me or is this normal? I've been clear in the past with other methods but I wanted to try the regimen because I see how successful it is for many people. Basically, how bad was your purging and how long did it last?

Generally, people are staying consistently clear by about the third month (although everyone's different, so some people clear up a little faster and others need a bit longer). Until then, it's normal to continue breaking out, although the breakouts should get less and less severe as time goes on, until you're no longer breaking out.

Three weeks in is still pretty early on, so try not to worry too much about still breaking out. : )

For me, the very first night i did the DKR regimen after shaving I noticed I did not get whiteheads where I had shaved. Prior to doing the regimen EVERY time I shaved I got whiteheads and other acnes in my goatee area. Your acne may be hormonal or diet rooted and thus the regimen alone may not be enough.

Some things to consider:

1.) Do you eat dairy?

2.) What type of moisturizer are you using? (I have used cetaphil and cerave and both work OK)

3.) Do you sleep on your face?

4.) Are you using too much BP?

I have noticed that I have to use the EXACT right amount of BP to get perfect results. Too much actually causes me to break out because my skin gets irritated, red, and dry. I tend to use less BP than I need rather than more due to my sensitive skin.

I'd say ultimately, stick with the DKR! because I know it can work it has worked well for me so far with a few minor slip ups here and there.

I just find it really odd that it takes people such drastically different amounts of time to get clear. But I guess I have to accept it :P It just sucks that its seeming to get worse, and considering I'm going on vacation in a few weeks I'd like to know if I should stop or not. I hear after the third week its uphill, hopefully thats trueee.

And as for dairy, I've cut it out. I've cut out almost everything. I never eat chocolate anymore. No tea, no coffee. No cheese. No soy. Hardly even bread. Haha I'm so depriveddd. And I'm also on the pill to balance my hormones. This is just so unfair, i've tried everything, literally.

Curious...by cutting out tea, does that do anything? I mean, what's in tea that is bad for skin? I usually drink a cup a day...either black or green (for the antioxidants) and only sweeten with honey or not at all. Could this be bad?

Some tea can raise androgen levels. Caffeine is a stimulant and stimulants are bad for acne. Also, tea is acidic, for the most part. I also was reading about antihistmaine diets (diets that eliminate all allergens and irritants) and it said to eliminate all coffee and tea :\. Granted, some high antioxidant caffeine free tea might be alright, but as far as what I've researched and for what seems to trigger me, I think its most wise to stay away for now.

Took me a month and a half to get clear.

I remember when I was in your shoes, the three week mark..

It was absolute hell for me, my face looked a lot worse than it ever had - but just keep dragging on and you WILL find the light in the end of the tunnel.

by week 3 I was almost completely clear - either way nothing has worked for me besides this regime with his products.

With such mixed results its a very difficult decision. I just can't comprehend why on earth it would get "worse" not better. Perhaps I'm just irritating my sensitive skin too much with the bp twice a day. Maybe I should use it at night only. I'm breaking out in places I never usually do.

Did most of you purge?

Did BP just simply not work for some of you?

Hey,

I understand your frustration. Prior to this regimen, I had my own regimen where I used benzoyl peroxide 10% - 1 dab for each area : forehead, right cheek, left cheek, chin, and nose.

This worked for me, so that's why I decided after two years of being on my own version of Dan's regimen, I went onto Dan's.

Well Dan's regimen worked a lot differently on me - it drew all of the underlying acne out of the skin, not sure why this happened, but I got one initial breakout (which was sort of like a "purge" you could say).

Now I'm all clear - more clear than I was with my own version of the regimen. My face is on the road to recovery - I would say the acne is under control.

I would say stick with it. Try using the AHA instead of the moisturizer sometimes - that worked for me.

The initial breakout scared the crap out of me. I thought... should I go back on the normal regimen that I've always been doing? At least that is kind of successful in some ways...

I stuck with it - that is what has been working for me.

Good Luck to you...

Hey,

I understand your frustration. Prior to this regimen, I had my own regimen where I used benzoyl peroxide 10% - 1 dab for each area : forehead, right cheek, left cheek, chin, and nose.

This worked for me, so that's why I decided after two years of being on my own version of Dan's regimen, I went onto Dan's.

Well Dan's regimen worked a lot differently on me - it drew all of the underlying acne out of the skin, not sure why this happened, but I got one initial breakout (which was sort of like a "purge" you could say).

Now I'm all clear - more clear than I was with my own version of the regimen. My face is on the road to recovery - I would say the acne is under control.

I would say stick with it. Try using the AHA instead of the moisturizer sometimes - that worked for me.

The initial breakout scared the crap out of me. I thought... should I go back on the normal regimen that I've always been doing? At least that is kind of successful in some ways...

I stuck with it - that is what has been working for me.

Good Luck to you...

:) Thank you. And I'm glad you've had success, congrats. Honestly though, because I don't want to risk it, I'm thinking about using tea tree oil as its been successful for me in the past and works similarly like benzoyl peroxide. Then maybe after my vacation I'll go back to the regimen....

I'd really suggest you stick with the regime...Long term is what gets clear skin, if you keep switching up your regiments you may never see the ultimate clear face your after.

I agree with the above.

Take reliable strides and do not veer off course. Let one thing sink in and work. I think the regimen will work on everyone who sticks with it.

This is the first day I have to say I dont have a new zit. I even went out and bought the tea tree oil. But after reading these posts, I kept with the regimen. If things stay this way. Which I really hope they do....I will only have red marks to take care of. Thanks for the advice!!

Hey Ind1go im new to the regimen as well... 3 week mark. I hope it was just the purging period you experienced although it fluctuates from person to person, up to 3-4 months ive heard. If however you do continue to break out (discarding dryness and purging as the cause), possibly consider the Jojoba oil as the culprit if your on dans moisturizer. i love this stuff but ive heard some people may react to it negatively. best of luck anywayz ;)

it took me a little over 6 months to experience full results. i wasn't completely clear by that time, but my breakouts were minor, and disappeared much faster than before i was on the regimen. i had severe acne, but my initial breakouts weren't that bad, so it was easier to stick with it in that sense. good luck, and i do agree that you are supposed to be noticing gradual improvements. have fun on vacation.

Hey Ind1go im new to the regimen as well... 3 week mark. I hope it was just the purging period you experienced although it fluctuates from person to person, up to 3-4 months ive heard. If however you do continue to break out (discarding dryness and purging as the cause), possibly consider the Jojoba oil as the culprit if your on dans moisturizer. i love this stuff but ive heard some people may react to it negatively. best of luck anywayz ;)

Yeah, I think the reason why I am having such a hard time with the purging is because my acne was mild to moderate and now it became (quite) moderate. So what looked like a normal day to you was a day from hell to me, for three weeks hah. It seems to be getting better, like I said. No under the skin ones for three days- just above. Thats a huge accomplishment. :)

Once again thanks everyone for you're input. I love to hear varying results....but still results! it gives hope.