Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ive been through Head and shoulders, nizoral, selsun blue. Nothing seemed to work. I have some raised scars i think their keloids not exactly sure but their pretty nasty. They arent shrinking and they been on me for quite a while. Im not just using gold bonds powder cuz i sweat alot(working out/breakdancing etc.) And i use AHA at night only. Can someone give me an input on how to reduce scars or get rid of them them for good? All help is appreciated.

post-65377-1260952552_thumb.jpg

post-65377-1260952552_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ceejay671

Ive been through Head and shoulders, nizoral, selsun blue. Nothing seemed to work. I have some raised scars i think their keloids not exactly sure but their pretty nasty. They arent shrinking and they been on me for quite a while. Im not just using gold bonds powder cuz i sweat alot(working out/breakdancing etc.) And i use AHA at night only. Can someone give me an input on how to reduce scars or get rid of them them for good? All help is appreciated.

back scars r the most stubborn. scars fade over time.

Try vitamin E cream

i dont think u will be able to get rid of all them scars for good unless u have skin treatment which costs $4000+

i found that minocycline worked for me, i work out alot and sweat alot, but as soon as im off mino, it comes back. Mine looks similar to yours except maybe not as big in size but defininitely plentiful. Just curious, are you drinking whey protein?

You're bacne looks stubborn. I see you have tried Triple Action Power (green bottle?), which typically worked well for me. What I would do, in your case, is try a 10% TCA peel across your back. 10% is a light peel, but since your back is typically stronger than facial skin, it will be better tolerated and thus appropriate to kill bacteria, decrease pore size appearance, and help exfoliate your back.

Try a product called bio-oil, works for me and doesnt clogg pores.

You could also try vitamin e cream when your skin is clear/clean. get one that is highly concentrated (ie. 100 International units). I use a product called invite e.

Also seriously look into dermarolling, I believe this will help.

To help clear your skin use isocol rubbing alcohol at night or when the skin feels oily.

Cheers

Avg Joe

Edited by av3ragejoe

also try to stay out of the sun as the sun will darken the scars and make em more visible.

my derm said bacne scars should fade away in 12 months

I started taking fish oil and my bacne is looking a lot better. I also use an acne body wash when I take a shower. There are laser treatments for acne as well. They can be costly though.

As far as fishoil goes, I take the triple strength formula I got at GNC. I take it twice a day, so about 6 pills if you get regular pills. Basically I am taking about 1.8g of EPA and DHA (combined) a day. (those are the fatty acids in fishoil)

My daughter's uses Dan's AHA+ on her back and loves it. It was very extensive last year (it looked like every pore she had was clogged) and now it's minimal.

She also takes vitamins and fish oil.

Yes i take whey protein after every workout and sometimes in the morning. Dont think its the case if it is then that sucks cuz i get 60% of my protein from em haha

Edited by Ceejay671