Notifications
Clear all

Colostrum Log - Experiment

MemberMember
(@venam)

Posted : 12/15/2009 6:46 pm

This is not a personal log; its purpose is to log the results of people experimenting with colostrum. I will be keeping track of everyone who is experimenting and update their progress here. If you want to be added, please PM me. Information that is tracked: (1) name, (2) start date (3) dosage history and method, is a history because some might increase/decrease the dosage after a certain time, and we want to keep track of those changes, as well as how it was consumed (method) (4) results history, it is a history to know how fast the changes haooebed, and if it peaked after a certain time, (5) other factors, some might say that there were other factors involved in their progress, maybe they started to take another supplement/diet change/etc at the same time, (6) acne description

Name: JayQ

Start Date: Dec 10th, 09

Dosage History and method:

- Dec 10th, 09: 6 teaspoons a day. Symbiotic brand, powder. Empty stomach.

Results History: Too soon to tell.

Other Factors: Still taking 50mg of zinc everynight, and using AHA at night and morning, spot treating with benzaclin.

Acne Description: I have always had it on my chin and near mouth, and currently have mild acne on chin and on cheeks.

Name: dancedd

Start Date: Dec 8th, 09

- Dec 8th, 09: 1 teaspoon twice a day. Symbiotic brand, powder. Empty stomach.

- Dec 15th, 09: 3 teaspoons twice a day. Symbiotic brand, powder. Empty stomach.

Results History: to early to tell.

Other Factors: I am still taking cod liver oil (3 teaspoons), multivitamin, zinc (50mg), vitamin C (500mg) and milk thistle. (note: I took these long before I started colostrum).

Acne Description: Acne only on the face and some on neck areas. I have moderate (sometimes mild) acne all over my face for the last 15 years.

Name: LittleTweety

Start Date: Dec 13, 2009

- December 13th-14th: 1 tsp under tongue

- December 15th: 1 tbsp under tongue, approx 1 tsp in capsule form

- December 16th: 1 tbsp in morning + approx. 1 tsp in capsule form & 1 tbsp at night

- December 17th: 1 tbsp taken in capsule form; once in am, once in pm

- December 20th: dropped to 6g a day

**(Always on empty stomach)

My colostrum is 2000mg/tsp, so I am taking about 12 grams/day

Results History: Nothing noticeable yet.

Other Factors: I only use water to cleanse and jojoba to moisturize my skin. I plan to do periodic water fasting over the next month or so while continuing to ingest colostrum. I try to cut out from my diet: sugar, dairy, bread/baked treats, pasta, corn, and potatoes (though so far have been inconsistent). I try to drink a green smoothie for breakfast each day.

Acne Description: Isolated spots can pop up anywhere, though usually not on forehead or nose. You can see pictures in my gallery.

Name: Upon a December

Start Date: Dec. 10, 09

Dosage History and method: 3tsp a day. Symbiotic brand, powder. Empty stomach.

Results History: Too soon

Other Factors: 50mg of zinc, 2,000-4,000 IU Vitamin D (cholecalciferol), natural skin care regimen.

Acne Description: Whiteheads on chin and neck and small pimples on sides of face. Also lots of whiteheads on my shoulders. I've had acne for 5-6 years now.

Name: skiz

Start Date: Dec. 15, 09

Dosage History and method: 1.5 tsp twice a day (3 grams total per day). Symbiotic powder. Empty stomach.

Results History: too soon

Other Factors: 1 carlsons fish oil pill a day

Acne Description: Forehead/temples prone to big lingering pustules (temples based on foods, forehead i'm not sure). Jaw line gets cysts/pustules that leave a mark for a long time if certain foods are consumed. Reactive to a bunch of foods, especially certain kinds of fats and oils. Seems like a react worse to milk than cheese for some reason (lactose?). Seems like any oils I eat I can feel on my face within hours.

Name: Pimple Popper MD

Start Date: Dec 11 09

Dosage History and method: Symbiotic Colostrum + capsules, 6 per day (2880 mg)

Results History: Too soon to tell

Other Factors: 1 zinc tablet and 1 fish oil tablet every day

I also started the "no-wash" regimen a few days before I started taking the Colostrum, so my face had a major initial breakout that was probably effected by both the Colostrum "die-off" and discontinuing Benzoyl Peroxide. Also, I've slowly increased the colostrum dosage to the full recommended dosage.

Acne Description: Got acne at age 20, but throughout the four years I've had it, I've been able to keep it in a mild-moderate state with the aid of BP. Last year my back cleared up completely on it's own, but my face has remained "acne-prone". Right now my face is littered with little pimples from going off BP cold-turkey. Have to wait and see what happens, for better or worse.

Name: kickingacne

Start Date: Dec 16th, 09

Dosage History and method: 12 capsules of 35% IgG a day

Results History: Can't tell yet

Other Factors: Doing the regime aswell, started last month and going well.

Acne Description: moderate

Name: dave611

Start Date: Dec. 11th, 2009

Dosage: 3-4grams before breakfast(empty stomach)

Results: Too early

Other factors: Niacin No Flush 500mg daily. Healthy diet low sodium and sugar. Workout 5-6 days a week. Retin-a .025 at night.

History: Mild acne, 3-4 pustals a month with some closed comodeons that form into small whitheads.

Name: pitymeplease

Start Date: Dec 16th, 09

- Dec 16th: Symbiotics, capsule form, (3) capsules 3x per day. Capsule size, the Supplement Facts panel says Colostrum Plus and under Amount Per Serving: 960mg

Results History: too early

Other Factors: Minimal facial products. Washing with Dan's Cleanser once every other day or once a day, moisturizing liberally with Jojoba oil.

Acne Description: Moderate, consistent acne for 11 years, started at the age of 12-13. Not limited to any specific region of the face. Diet at the onset of puberty was very bad, fast food and sugar galore mixed with a very active lifestyle. Limited chest/back acne, not worth mentioning (although I did, for the sake of science).

Name: PsYhIOn

Start Date: Dec 8th, 09

-Dec 8th, 09: 8 X 480mg symbiotics colostrum per time, before breakfast and evening. I take the pills in the morning, and unscrew the capsules to take the powder inside at night. I started at 2 capsules per time, initially, and slowly increased to 4 times the dosage over around 1 week.

Results History: too early to tell.

Other Factors: Taking Zinc (30mg) and 200mg Vitamin C. Adding omega 3 soon. Currently cutting out on sugary foods/junk foods, although that hasn't helped much before.

Acne Description: Mild-moderate. Lots of blackheads, few whiteheads, get a few pastules and papules once every few days, cystic acne maybe once fornightly.

Name: steve.n

Start Date: December 9th, 2009

-December 9th: 3 teaspoons twice a day, mixed it up with a shaker.

Results History: I had my first little breakout last night, (2009-12-16) since taking this, so it's been good so far.

Other Factors:

Acne Description: I had severe acne then became moderate in early 2009, it drastically improved (no idea why, I'm only 19, so I'm guess I'm growing out of this). Then mid-2009, it worsened, then got drastically better once again. Currently, I would classify my acne as mild.

Name: andersoj

Start Date: Dec 13th, 09

- Dec 13th: 3 grams of symbiotic powder twice a day.

Results History: None yet with Colostrum.

Other Factors:

Acne Description: 0-5 active pimples at a time, typically occurring around my chin and forehead.

Name: venam

Start Date: Dec 20th, 09

- Dec 20th: 6 grams of symbiotic powder a day. Taken with water on empty stomach.

Results History: too early to tell

Other Factors: started taking cold liver oil (8,000 IU vit A, 1,000 IU vit D), along with 5200 mg of EPO, and 2400 mg of lecithin the same day. Have been taking 50 mg of zinc, 1,000 mg of tuarine, 2-3,000 mg of fish oil for months, as well as eating a dairy free, grain free diet (paleo + tubers) for months (it helped, but didn't get me completely clear). Been using BP for years.

Acne Description: 0-5 active pimples at a time, typically occurring around my chin and forehead.

Name: jay6 (jkun)

Start Date: 22nd of December, 2009.

Dosage History and method: 600mg per day in capsule form.

Other Factors: Fish Oil,zinc, DIM, Vitamins. On a healthy diet and use Benzoyl Peroxide daily.

Results History: Got 100% clear.

Acne Description: White heads on jaw line and around mouth. Mild.

Name: BrissygGuy

Start Date: 9th December

Dosage History and method: 2 teaspoons a day

Results History: Too soon to tell (experiencing initial breakouts from die off)

Other Factors: Supplements (Zinc, b5, BComplex, Milk Thistle, Multivitamin, Fibre, fishies yay.

Acne Description: Mild acne recently aggravated in the past year

Name: Swits

Start Date: December 24 2009

Dosage History and method: 1 teaspoon (1.5grams) twice per day. One when I wake up, and one before bed.

Results History: Toxin dieoff, breaking out on unusual spots like my neck and bicep. I also have more active acne on my forehead and jawline

Other Factors: 1300mg of Borage Oil Capsules, 1000mg of EPA/DHA from fish oil, B100 complex, 50mg zinc, 1000 UI vitamin D

Acne Description: moderate-severe, had acne since i was 12 or 13, currently 17. acne is largely genetic. I tend to breakout in certain areas then clearup, but breakout in different areas. At the moment its just the forehead and jawline.

Name: AussieSmile

Start date: December 15 2009

Dosage history and method: Two teaspoons morn, two teaspoons night= 6g total

Results history: Started off at 15g for 3 days. Broke out on jawline and neck, had sore throat, headache, excessive mucus=die off i guess.

Other factors: 44 mg zinc, ALA 400 mg, .org regimen

Acne description: Had acne since 13-14, currently 17 and now it is severely moderate. Was mostly around cheeks, nose and chin area. Since Colostrum, it has changed to jawline and neck.

Name: Joris

Start Date: 4 jan 2010

Dosage History and method: Symbiotics Plus powder 21oz , empty stomach:

Day 1: 2x3.5g a day (7 grams a day)

Day 12: 2x4g (8 grams a day)

Day 20: 2x6g (12 grams a day)

Day 28: 2x5g (10 grams a day)

Results History:

Red marks and skin tone improved. Also energy increased.

Day 1-12: clearing up

Day13-15: breakout on weird places (IB)

Day15-28: little bit of clearing up. Sometimes some breakouts

Day28-32: Ill - Really big breakout. Also got some bacne (first ever)

Day32-currently: Breakout healed quickly. Still ill though. But face still looks better as when i began.

Other Factors: None

Acne Description: Moderate

2-6zits/cysts a day. Jawline, around mouth, between ears and eyes and down, forehad (getting rolling scars there for a few months now) and blackheads on nose

MemberMember
(@jayq)

Posted : 12/16/2009 12:48 pm

This is not a personal log; its purpose is to log the results of people experimenting with colostrum. I will be keeping track of everyone who is experimenting and update their progress here. If you want to be added, please PM me. Information that is tracked: (1) name, (2) start date (3) dosage history and method, is a history because some might increase/decrease the dosage after a certain time, and we want to keep track of those changes, as well as how it was consumed (method) (4) results history, it is a history to know how fast the changes haooebed, and if it peaked after a certain time, (5) other factors, some might say that there were other factors involved in their progress, maybe they started to take another supplement/diet change/etc at the same time

Empty right now. I will add the users who want to be added in a bit

General format (for copy-and-paste:)

Name:

Start Date:

Results History:

Other Factors:

Great idea i like!

MemberMember
(@kickingacne)

Posted : 12/16/2009 7:27 pm

Name: kickingacne

Start Date: 16th Dec 09

Dosage History and method: 12 capsules of 35% IgG a day

Results History: Can't tell yet

Other Factors: Doing the regime aswell, started last month and going well.

Acne Description: moderate

MemberMember
(@dave611)

Posted : 12/16/2009 9:03 pm

Name:Dave

Start Date:Dec. 11th, 2009

Dosage:3-4grams before breakfast(empty stomach)

Results: Too early

Other factors:Niacin No Flush 500mg daily. Healthy diet low sodium and sugar. Workout 5-6 days a week. Retin-a .025 at night.

History: Mild acne, 3-4 pustals a month with some closed comodeons that form into small whitheads.

MemberMember
(@venam)

Posted : 12/16/2009 11:23 pm

I have added you guys as well as other users I have contacted via PMs.

@kick: how many grams are 12 capsules (or oz, tbs, etc, any standardized unit). Capsule size can change from vendor to vendor.

Thanks guys, hopefully this will work for us.

MemberMember
(@dancedd)

Posted : 12/17/2009 12:35 am

I have added you guys as well as other users I have contacted via PMs.

@kick: how many grams are 12 capsules (or oz, tbs, etc, any standardized unit). Capsule size can change from vendor to vendor.

Thanks guys, hopefully this will work for us.

you should post yours too venam :)

MemberMember
(@pitymeplease)

Posted : 12/17/2009 5:49 am

Name: ted

Start Date: 12/16/2009

Dosage History and method: Symbiotics, capsule form, (3) capsules 3x per day

Results History: --

Other Factors: Minimal facial products. Washing with Dan's Cleanser once every other day or once a day, moisturizing liberally with Jojoba oil.

Acne Description: Moderate, consistent acne for 11 years, started at the age of 12-13. Not limited to any specific region of the face. Diet at the onset of puberty was very bad, fast food and sugar galore mixed with a very active lifestyle. Limited chest/back acne, not worth mentioning (although I did, for the sake of science).

MemberMember
(@pitymeplease)

Posted : 12/17/2009 5:53 am

re: capsule size, the Supplement Facts panel says Colostrum Plus and under Amount Per Serving: 960mg

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 12/17/2009 6:27 am

great post. will be watching like a hawk, LIKE A HAWK!

MemberMember
(@venam)

Posted : 12/17/2009 5:25 pm

Hey thanks everyone. I think we have a big-enough group to at least make some basic decisions in a couple of months (or more).

@dancedd: will add myself when I get my powder. Should be soon.

MemberMember
(@jayq)

Posted : 12/20/2009 5:14 pm

Any more updates anyone?

MemberMember
(@brissyguy)

Posted : 12/20/2009 5:30 pm

Sorry venam, got your message a while ago but I haven't filled out the details yet. Will soon though - I'll keep an eye out for this log as well.

I'm still only in my second week or so (I need to keep count!...) and still probably undergoing toxin die-off.

MemberMember
(@venam)

Posted : 12/20/2009 9:35 pm

I added myself to the group as I started taking colostrum.

@Jay, I think it is better if we wait longer to check for results. In a couple of months it will be pretty clear who this worked for.

@Brissy, don't worry, just send it over when you get some time and I will add you to the list.

MemberMember
(@swits)

Posted : 12/30/2009 12:38 am

Name: Swits

Start Date: December 24 2009

Dosage History and method: 1 teaspoon (1.5grams) twice per day. One when I wake up, and one before bed.

Results History: Toxin dieoff, breaking out on unusual spots like my neck and bicep. I also have more active acne on my forehead and jawline

Other Factors: 1300mg of Borage Oil Capsules, 1000mg of EPA/DHA from fish oil, B100 complex, 50mg zinc, 1000 UI vitamin D

Acne Description: moderate-severe, had acne since i was 12 or 13, currently 17. acne is largely genetic. I tend to breakout in certain areas then clearup, but breakout in different areas. At the moment its just the forehead and jawline.

MemberMember
(@joris)

Posted : 12/30/2009 4:38 am

I love this log! Like this we can proove something :D Venam im almost in colostrum sitting around in clearence delay

EDIT: Venam contact strato, he has good results if i rember good. Hes experiencing no breakouts... Would be nice to have someone with results in the list...

MemberMember
(@jay326)

Posted : 12/30/2009 4:46 am

Same with me. My colostrum should be arriving within the next few days, I'll post/PM you when I start.

MemberMember
(@venam)

Posted : 12/30/2009 2:43 pm

@Swits: thanks for joining, I have added you.

@joris: k, lets see how it goes. I am not contacting anyone so soon because the results might be temporary. I am trying to give it 2 months, and then contacting again 2 months after that.

@Jay: k, either way is fine.

MemberMember
(@pitymeplease)

Posted : 01/01/2010 12:18 am

quick update: 2 weeks have passed, experienced increased levels of acne after the first week although it could be contributed to the holiday diet. Haven't gotten any new ones in the last couple of days but I have experienced vastly increased facial redness which is slowly starting to go down. Hopefully the worst is behind me and greener pastures are ahead.

On a side note - almost immediately upon taking the colostrum (1-3 days), my muscles in general started to feel noticeably fuller and that also applied to erections . No complaints here.

MemberMember
(@aussiesmile)

Posted : 01/01/2010 5:20 am

Start date: December 15 2009

Dosage history and method: Two teaspoons morn, two teaspoons night= 6g total

Results history: Started off at 15g for 3 days. Broke out on jawline and neck, had sore throat, headache, excessive mucus=die off i guess.

Other factors: 44 mg zinc, ALA 400 mg, .org regimen

Acne description: Had acne since 13-14, currently 17 and now it is severely moderate. Was mostly around cheeks, nose and chin area. Since Colostrum, it has changed to jawline and neck.

Happy new Year everyone!

MemberMember
(@venam)

Posted : 01/01/2010 10:52 pm

I have added you.

MemberMember
(@jay6)

Posted : 01/02/2010 4:15 pm

Update: No new spots since the initial break out. Old spots starting to clear.

MemberMember
(@jay326)

Posted : 01/04/2010 4:33 am

@jay6 - how long have you been taking colostrum?

MemberMember
(@joris)

Posted : 01/04/2010 12:21 pm

Start Date: 4 jan 2010

Symbiotics Plus powder 21oz , empty stomach:

Day 1: 2x3g a day

Results History:

To early to tell

Other Factors:

None

Acne Description:

Moderate

2-6zits/cysts a day. Jawline, around mouth, between ears and eyes and down, forehad (getting rolling scars there for a few months now) and blackheads on nose

MemberMember
(@venam)

Posted : 01/04/2010 1:22 pm

Added you. Thanks for joining.

MemberMember
(@jay326)

Posted : 01/05/2010 5:54 pm

Name: Jay326

Start Date: January 6th, 2010

Dosage: 4g twice daily

Results: Too early to tell

Other Factors: Fish oil and multi vitamin

Description: I've had acne for about 4 years now, I get it everywhere on my face and on my shoulders/back