Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
caseyfla

Must you do it in the mornings?

I'm not a morning person at all and really don't want to get up early in order to do the regimen. Is it advisable to just do it once a day, at night? Has anyone tried that before?

Thanks!

Once a day works for some, not for others. It depends on how persistent your acne is.

You don't have to get up at the crack of dawn to do the regimen, either. The whole process can comfortably take about 20 minutes start to finish (30 seconds wash, 30 seconds pat dry, 2 minutes air dry, 5 minutes apply BP, 10 minutes BP dry, 2 minutes moisturizer), and many people get by doing it even more quickly depending if they don't need to be as gentle, use less product, etc. Notice that over half that time is spent waiting for things to dry. During that time, I'm picking out clothes, checking email, making coffee, whatever, not just staring at a mirror.

So basically, my point is you would only need to get up 20 minutes earlier than you usually do to do it twice a day. For me, the payoff of being clear is totally worth that. If you have milder acne or don't care that much, then maybe the results from once a day are good enough for you.

I know exactly how you feel. When I first started on the regimen (for about a month or so) I did the regimen twice a day. It was so time consuming; I just didn't have time to do it in the morning. Also, my skin burned and was so red that it was literally painful to do it twice a day. I have been using Dan's regimen for about 8 months now only once at night and am almost completely clear. I get an occasional pimple every now and then, but that's all! So, for some people, only once a day is fine. I guess you have to find out what works best for you.

After 3 years I THINK I've finally sussed out my acne.

I only do the regimen in the night and avoid ALL dairy.

I've been out for the last 4 weekends in a row :dance:

Sure I love dairy but I love being clear a lot more.

I still get small spots but dairy would give me those deep under the skin ones. For the first time in 3 years I feel as if I'm actually winning the battle.

Edited by aliass

You can do it once a day, but only when you get rid of your acne!

If you are lazy about this, your skin is going to show it.

You don't have to do it at 6am every morning, even at 8 or 10am.

The important thing is that you space it 12 hours apart; so you could use the regimen at 12 noon, and at 12 midnight before bed.

HAH! I NEVER DO IT in the mornings. Why? Because I wake up in the afternoon. Sometimes later, so I end up doing it when I wake up, whichever. Then do it again before you sleep. It doesn't necessarily have to be in the morning. Sometimes I wake up and do the regimen an hour later when I feel like it.

I tried twice a day the first few days I started on the regimen...time consuming and made my face really red. Since switching to only applying BP at night my skin has improved overall and only takes me 10mins to get ready!