Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pastelpaas

Chapped lips are outta control

I need some suggestions for a miracle lip balm...I've used aquaphor constantly but I can't even smile anymore cause my lips are so swollen, cracked and dry. URG.

also, how long did it take for the chapped lips to go away after treatment?

Try dr dans corti balm. If your pharmacy doesn't have It in stock, go online and print out the sheet with codes for your pharmasist. It costs $4.00. I've been on tane for 5 months now. I had missed an entire month and within a week my lips were 90% healthier. By 2 weeks they were perfect!!! Keep your head up.

xo steph

I have used a lot of lip balms in my 3 months on accutane. I like Bliztex Complete Moisture currently. I try to switch brands when my lips become chapped more. I also like Burts bees, vaseline, and carmex. Another thing to try, right before bed put some neosporin on. It will help to heal your lips. It tastes gross, but it works great!!!!

Ive tried sooo many and Smith's Rosebud Salve saved my out of control lips. I purchased mine at Sephora for $6. I also saw it at Bath and Body Works for $5.50.

Edited by leesett

I use Neosporin Nighttime Lip Balm while I'm sleeping, and through the day CARMEX!!

The secret is you have to apply carmex every hour and your lips will be very healthy.

Edited by IrishFairy

have you tried ChopSaver? This worked the best for me after trying a TON of stuff and even having to stop because my lips were so bad. I think Indygal recommended this. I have her to thank for my lips surviving my last month on accutane.

i am a month post accutane. it took about two weeks for my lips (which were more on the extreme side according to my derm) to really get better. still use ChopSaver on a daily basis.

I had the same problem when I was on Accutane! The Aquaphor just seemed to sit on top of my lips as they still dried and cracked! :wall: My life saver was (and still is) the new Neosporin Lip Health. I would exfoliate my lips in the morning and evening in the shower after I washed my face. I wait after I wash my face so that all the dead skin had time to soften up so I could just wipe it away with my finger (yeah I know it sounds kinda gross). But once I got all the dead skin off and got out the shower, I would apply the Neosporin Lip Health to moisturize, followed by the Aquaphor to seal in the moisture. During the course of the day, if they start to get a little dry, then I would just reapply the Neosporin followed by the Aquaphor and then my lips are good as gold again. And I promise you, after I discovered this routine, my lips never bled or cracked again. Now that I've off Accutane for about a month, I still do the same routine and my lips are softer than they have ever been!!! I hope this helps, good luck!

blistex lip medex is always my favorite. it comes in a little blue tub and i find that it moisturizes like most but its got menthol or something in it so it feels soothing and calms the burning.

Zirh lip balm. For $20 a stick I was surprised it performed as well as it did. You can finf more information on Google. Chock full of ingredients we can all pronounce. It lasted between meals with ease. The mositure it provided felt natural. I highly recommend this product.