Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wikka way

BP has turned skin kinda strange...

Hi there. I've been on the regimen quite a while and use Quinoderm 10%. It has cleared up active acne greatr on my forehead but apart from red marks, my skin has a weird kind of 'unsmooth texture. I took a mirror outside in sunlight to see if it was scars but my skin doesn't seem to be indented. Should I lay off the BP for a few days and just moisturise to help my skin get a natural balance? Does anyone else have this problem? :think:

What's your routine? Which products are you using? I'm wondering if just a moisturizer might not be enough, but maybe you need the one Dan recommends (eucerin?) with the AHA in it to exfoliate. I use a separate AHA myself. Possibly this would fix the roughness issue?

Sorry for not answering - I've been in France! I have now changed to Quinoderm 5% and moisturise regularly. I think this is already helping.

hey iv noticed these lumps aswel and they arent even forthcoming pimples. its like they become raised where u apply bp.

have thort about this and think it may be something to do with dryskin. how quickly it is shedded etc. seems like a plausible theory?

what better days said is true, you need some kind of acid to help with the roughness issue on bp, bp kills p.acnes, but doesn't help slough off the dead skin. you may even start to feel like there is some of cast over your face, but the acids will give you a well rested glow..

wait so what do we look for in the moisturizer then? I've had rough skin but thought just cause it was dry... ass long as it didn't peel or was red i figured it was ok

the one dan recommends probably works well, eucerin, cause its got AHA's in it. Betterdays says he/she uses a different AHA, maybe his brand works better. AHA's are acids.