Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dumblonde

new rosacea problem any help would be apreceated

Hi

I have wrote on hear to hopefully get some advice , I have had red bumpy areas at both sides of my chin and at both sides of the base of my nose now for about 2 months, on my last trip to the doctors he told me i had rosacea and gave me a gel called Metrosa Gel, but no other information on how to treet it,

Im relay stuck about what to do, since my appointment have have washed my face with just water nothing else, apart from applying the gel, before that i was useing gentle face wash by garnier skin naturals but i dont know what is best to use am i makeing it worse by just useing the water??

The areas have never spread anywhere else although recentley i think they have got bigger they just seem to get more read at times like after washing them, they some times appear to be going and then come back, at the moment they are very dry can i mosturise????

does any one have any advice on things i can do to help it as it just doeant seem to be geting any better and i have run out of ideas to try!! i would realy apreceate some help as i cant seem to find much advice out their!!

I just got the diagnosis of rosacea too, although I'm a bit skeptical since I don't have flushing or any redness outside of acne and the scars it leaves. My dermatologist advised to wash with Cetaphil, then apply the MetroGel. If you have dry skin, once the gel "sets," you can apply a moisturizer over the top of it. Cetaphil makes moisturizers, but I personally use Complex15. It only costs about $7 at CVS and is fragrance free, non-comogenic (sp?) and light but moisturizing. Hope that helps!