Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SAK

How on Earth do you live???

Honestly, I've had it. I know I see people on here who hurt like I do. I know I see others who always say that you just have to choose to get over it. But none of it is comforting. No advice solves anything. I cry for hours every time I read your guys' posts, because I feel the pain so deeply.

I just can't make myself do anything anymore. Taking a shower is a chore. I can't make myself exercise anymore. I don't go out unless I am forced to. I won't even get dressed if it isn't required. If I tell myself I should do something, like exercise, all I can think about is that I am so ugly and disfigured that there is no point. Even if my acne magically went away today, I'd be left with the worst scarring. My entire face is full of pock marks. I can't handle the stares and the comments anymore. I can't take that my face hurts all of time and I haven't been able to sleep on my side for years. I hate that I know that, as a woman, I will forever be unattractive and ridiculed. I've seen the scars that people consider severe. Mine is so much worse than that.

I used to have such a full and active life. I worked, I went to school, working out was the favorite part of my day. I loved to shop, to go for walks, to socialize. People can say all they want to just go out there and enjoy those things again, but it doesn't work that way. People are rude and stare. I hate myself so much that I hurt when I have to face anybody. I have no friends anymore. I am so fucking ugly that shopping for a new pair of pants doesn't mean anything. I haven't had my hair cut in two years because I see no point. I haven't been able to find a job in 2 1/2 years. I used to have so many jobs. I never had to look for a job. They were given to me! Now, nobody wants anything to do with me. At this point, I wouldn't be able to hold a job anyway.

How does this change? I just can't take this anymore. I see no point to this kind of life at all. There is no reason for it.

The big thing is time.

The other big thing is the willingness to accept your acne and move on... again, this takes a lot of time and effort.

Read the quote in my signature - "Things will happen in your life that you can't stop. But that's no reason to shut out the world." You have acne. That's no reason to give up and forget about life because you can't handle it... everyone has something they struggle with; something that makes them want to give up. You have to be strong and as Britney said, go through life like a karate kid.

You're ALWAYS going to have a struggle in life... if you can't handle having acne, nothing is ever going to be easy for you. That probably sounds harsh but it's so true.

There are so many things you should be thankful for - not having a life-threatening disease, having a roof over your head, food on your plate... if you DIDNT, then I'd see a reason to give up and want it all to be over.

You gotta be strong, I know it's hard but you just have to. :comfort:

Edited by Ḻyssa

yo man i started staying in the house man............who cares how ur face looks if u get a pimple pop it and leave it alone and go out into the world and dont give a shit what people think and if you think about dieng just kno that everybodys going to die someday cause thats how i feel ....stay up dawg :boohoo:

I hate myself so much that I hurt when I have to face anybody.

This really spoke to me. And I can tell that you really are hurting. Everyone here understands to a certain degree. Definitely consider time, but don't look back in the past in anger and regret for not having what you don't anymore. I found myself liberated when I let go of how I used to look. I used to have the best skin, like you did. Man I looked good; but we shouldn't hate ourselves because nature destroyed that past dream for us. Look ahead in time. Hope and prosperity lies ahead in the future, not behind in the past.

I know this is all easier said than done, but I will be here if you need to talk anymore. We are all here.

I just stay home most of the time these days... It's all just fucked up really. For you I would recommend getting scar treatment surgery... it's expensive but it will be worth it.

GOALS????? I have so many goals that I want to do that has nothing to do with acne. It makes life worth living any day.

I've been there try not to feel bad because that only makes things worse. Sounds like you need to a good detox, a cleansing of the body from the inside. As a guy I'm not suppose to know about moisturizing or about makeups and hydrating the skin but I do and having acne is like having a disease that people can see. Try eating a natural laxative, like tamarind fruit and cut all the oily foods out of your life; I've noticed that once I started doing this my skin improved a lot. I tend to cook for myself now because I know what I'm eating, its not only how I cook but how I tend to have a clean living environment so that dust and bacteria can not be around me and get in my pores.

I don't smoke but yet my skin has had so much damage that people come up to me and ask me for a cigarette, I laugh. This past 2 years I've had something new appear (Fine Lines) on my face, Im in my early 20's and to think that I have fine lines makes me want to cry. I've tryed everything from laser treatments to natural products. I've had to change my life for acne, I made sure I don't eat spicy foods or drink beer. I wash my face with Avene Cleanser which is really good. I don't even use oil on the pan anymore only sometimes and just a little, I even dab my meat with a napkin to take any access grease.

Remember what you eat makes you, You Are What U Eat!!! I've never taken that expression to heart till I looked at myself one day and didnt like what I saw.

Remember what you eat makes you, You Are What U Eat!!!

You believe that people with acne have acne because of their diet? That is very offensive.

And I feel your pain, poster. You have to battle on, indulging on whatever comes your way.

Good luck.

I can relate to your post, it was like it was about me.

I used to get jobs instantly, (2 years ago), but now its hard.

People dont look at me the same way they did 2 years ago they look at me skin, not me.

I stayed in me house for 2 years straight, only going out to see the derm and I didnt shave my head for 2 years to.

For the 1st half of the year I switched off as you say, I litterly didnt do anything, and I mean anything.....I was devestated. Still am. :(

I do feel for ya, but my favourite qoute from Batman Begins says ' Why do we fall? So, we can pick ourselves up'. Whenever I feel down, I say this to myself and I stay strong.

But recently (2 months ago), I forced myself to go out and its tough, but Im trying to stay active instead of going back.

Hope things get better for ya.

Edited by Kenny89

Guest Chrisâ„¢

I know how you feel trust me, I've had severe scarring(from cystic acne)for about seven years now, possibly the worst out of anybody on this entire site. It robbed me of my teenage years and early adulthood. I lost all of my friends (I recently got back in touch with a couple of them though). I feel a lot like you do, and it really does take a toll on you constantly. When you look in a mirror, when people make odd looks at you and talk behind your back, the pity stares, people avoiding you, and most of all the loneliness and feeling like an outcast. That shit sucks, and what's fucked up is that most people will never even experience that kind of pain in their entire lives, it's indescribable(that level of emotional pain), yet some of us are forced to live with it daily and indefinately.

Try to remmember though, you only live once and after that it's not going to even matter any more, so do anything you want to do while you still have the opportunity, if you fail then who cares. Pursue anything that interests you just because you can. Also try to remmember that love is not the only thing that life has to offer... There are many other fulfilling things in life to be found other than love. That's not to say that you (or me) will not find love, you never know what lies in the future. We all want to love someone and be loved by someone, but don't let the lack of that (in your life, right now) make you want to give up.

I just can't make myself do anything anymore. Taking a shower is a chore. I can't make myself exercise anymore. I don't go out unless I am forced to. I won't even get dressed if it isn't required. If I tell myself I should do something, like exercise, all I can think about is that I am so ugly and disfigured that there is no point.