Notifications
Clear all

Demodex can presents itself as Rosacea, seb derm

MemberMember
(@hackattack)

Posted : 12/13/2009 4:39 pm

There is a lot of studies on how seborrheic dermatitis and rosacea are interrelated. There are a lot of doctors/scientists who think all these conditions are due to an overgrowth of mites. Using antibiotics and BP doesnt allow the skins natural immune system to keep these mites in check. also hormones have something to do with it, too. And that is why when you stop using BP/Antibiotics, it will overgrow. THERE IS WHERE I THINK THAT WHEN PEOPLE TRY THE "NO WASH METHOD" AFTER PUTTING CHEMICALS AND EVERYTHING ON THEIR FACE THEY GET SCALEY, FLAKEY SKIN. ITS THE STARTING OF THE OVERGROWTH! The only way to get rid of this is to KILL the mites and their eggs. HARD AS HELL THOUGH.

Medications you can try: Crotamiton, Permethrin, Ivermectin, Sulfur, Tea tree oil.

*The reason why I bring this up is I believe I have this condition. After going to the dermatolgists for over 2 years and only getting temporary relief I finally scheduled with a new derm. His diagnosis- Demodicosis. It can present itself as Seb derm and rosacea. Making pores big, oily skin, sensitive skin, red skin, scaley skin.

So he prescribed me crotamiton and Clenia face wash. So far it has changed my skin tremendously. And ever since I added the clenia wash my fash has almost has gone back to normal. Clenia has 5% sulfur in it! I want to find a OTC product now that has 5-10% sulfur in it and is a wash, and find a leave on cream. It takes a long time for this process to clear.. sometimes taking 3-7 months. Just keep at it!There are a lot of studies about this.. so I just picked one to show an example. goodluck

http://dermatologytimes.modernmedicine.com...e/detail/600543

Rosacea liked
MemberMember
(@alex-xela)

Posted : 12/14/2009 8:38 pm

Do you get the clenia fash/foaming wash on precription and in the uk??

Read some things about it and seems very good.

How long you been using it? can it be used while on accutane? how much does it help with the redness?

Look forward to your response as this seems very interesting.

Rosacea liked
MemberMember
(@hackattack)

Posted : 12/14/2009 10:17 pm

I live in the US and its a prescription here. it has helped with fading the redness by say 40-50% in 7-10 days. i can see it being a problem though while on accutane becuase it does have a keratolytic effect which makes you shed skin cells and already your skin is thin from accutane.

Rosacea liked
MemberMember
(@alex-xela)

Posted : 12/15/2009 11:08 pm

OK cheers mate, definately something to use after accutane then for the redness.

Thanks for the helpful info.

MemberMember
(@brady-barrows)

Posted : 12/16/2009 1:24 am

There are more clinical studies and research papers on demodex and rosacea than just about any other subject on rosacea. I have researched a *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules* dating back to 1952. *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules* is as valid a variant of rosacea as Granulomatous Rosacea, Rosacea Fulminans, Rosacea Conglobata, Rosacea Inversa, Rosacea Keratitis or any other proposed rosacea variant. One of the problems about rosacea is that there are so many *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules* that there is much *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules* not only among the sufferers but also among the physicians who have to sort through all the skin conditions in reaching a diagnosis. However, demodectic rosacea needs to be ruled out or if you have it treated with the proper protocols.

MemberMember
(@hackattack)

Posted : 01/08/2010 3:27 am

Hey guys.. my topical therapy of using clenia face wash and crotamiton have shown amazing results. Id say almost clear, about 75% reduction in redness and pustules & papules. I hope people are taking this seriously and i do hope i help someone out there. the person posting before this obviously is trying to sell products or something. But if you are stuck like i was please look into this. Heres a link confirming my point.

Extended use of benzoyl peroxide (BP), antibiotics and hormones in rosacea and acne treatment may lead to demodicosis (demodex). The latest study conducted by Canadian group of scientists suggest that most affected group of people to develop demodex are rosacea and acne sufferers. As they use chemicals as often as 2 - 3 times a day in rosacea and acne treatment daily regiment.

The direct connection between the use of antibiotics and chances to develop demodicosis, has recently alarmed many people with acne and rosacea. One of the main reasons for the demodex mites start multiplying increasingly creating the demodecosis ( uncontrollable grow of demodex mites ) is weak immune system.

Demodex mites always live in hair follicles. Even people in good shape and health have demodex mites. The strong and healthy skin immune system prevents the demodex mites from growing uncontrollably. As the skin immune system start slowly lose its strength the demodex mites start to multiply.

To fully understand the impact from prolonged use of benzoyl peroxide and antibiotics in form of creams and jells, one with acne or rosacea must realize the severity of the side effects the antibiotics have. Unfortunately the majority of topical acne and rosacea treatments have the benzoyl peroxide and antibiotics in its ingredients. There are some natural acne and rosacea treatments available as well.

MemberMember
(@wistar)

Posted : 01/08/2010 8:22 pm

Hey guys.. my topical therapy of using clenia face wash and crotamiton have shown amazing results. Id say almost clear, about 75% reduction in redness and pustules & papules. I hope people are taking this seriously and i do hope i help someone out there. the person posting before this obviously is trying to sell products or something. But if you are stuck like i was please look into this.

The first time using an acaricide like crotamiton should be impressive if you have papulopustular rosacea (PPR) or demodicosis. On the treatment scale, crotamiton is one of the weakest treatments. Once stopping crotamiton, I found the symptoms will return. If you continue to do well on it, consider changing to one of the more powerful treatments. I used crotamiton heavily in 2008 for PPR. I used it daily for 11 months. I had a good run on it for most of the time, but I needed something more powerful. It can be purchased in the UK in a supermarket as Eurax cream. No prescription needed.

If you have demodicosis, it will clear in 2 weeks with ivermectin or permethrin. If you have PPR it may also clear or almost clear. The difference is when you stop the treatment. Demodicosis does not return. PPR does return. The reason is demodicosis is caused by a simple excessive quantity of mites and are easily reduced in population. Problem solved. Instead PPR, I believe, is a hypersensitivity to bacteria carried by the mite and is much harder to treat as literally every mite must be killed everywhere on the face and for a long enough duration for the skin to be sterilized free of bacteria. The bacteria is the problem, the mite is just an innocent victim that can be infected by the bacteria, just like the host. (This is not an official cause of PPR, there is no official cause yet. Just me theorizing.)

The ultimate PPR treatment I have used is Benzyl Benzoate 25% emulsion used daily, combined with Ivermectin, combined with tea-tree oil soap, combined with short bursts of a UV face-tanning lamp. This was more effective for me than permethrin, ivermectin or crotamiton used alone.

I pity anyone trying to beat PPR, it is ridiculously hard to overcome. The number of times I have made it to 100% clear and then relapse a few weeks later is stupid.

MemberMember
(@fermina)

Posted : 04/06/2018 5:59 pm

Hey I know this is is pretty old but I actually took a test to see how many demuxed where in my lessions and came back positive (there were too many per camps since they are actually normal habitant) I was given ivermectin and soolanra(same but topical) anyone got better from that?

vikingss liked