Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paul25

At the stage of not knowing what to try......

I made a thread about a week ago mentioning about contipation and with the recommendations of adding fat back into my diet, so far it has really helped. But im now wondering where do i go with my diet? I strongly believe i have candida, i have read to about going with a high fat diet whilst others have success with a low fat diet.

Ive tried high fat before and foods such as cod liver oil, avacados etc worsen my skin. It made it oily and big spots came up. I did abit of research and found others that said to go with a low fat diet and i think this defiently helped, who knows what could have happened if i could have gone on it longer. But with the way my stomach was starting to feel and not been able to go to the toilet it really couldnt continue.

I dont want to go back and try high fat again, will i have any success with what i was trying with a low fat diet (lots of fruit and veg) but add in some things like coconut oil and seeds which dont seem to effect my face? Its just the candida diets recommended, either one is focused on your fats or low fat, not mixed together. So will it help at all? More than likely not i imagine.

hi paul, were you not trying colostrum ?

I havnt bought any yet, usually as soon as i read something i shoot out and buy it and usually waste my money as it doesnt help haha. Im following the thread though to see how things go, hopefully lots will have success with it. If it helps a few i will defiently get some bought :)

You could try going for a hypoallergenic diet. Doesn't have to be high fat, although I would not go over 40% carbs (that's just how I feel the best, around 40% carbs, maybe you are different). Here are some basic stuff:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Food-and-...73#entry2356573

I would personally stay away from all fruits while in a hypoallergenic diet, including apples. Concentrate on sweet potato, lamb, greens (no tomatoes, nightshade). You don't have to do this for long, just see if it helps and then start adding foods back so that you can find your triggers.

Edited by venam

I had this problem--a low fat diet would help my skin but worsen my digestion and a high fat diet helped my digestion but worsen my acne. You're probably not going to like what helped me...

If youre serious about the diet changes, maybe you should go and see a naturopath/ nutritionist (preferably someone who is both). It may be a little expensive but trying to make diet changes can be tricky and you may be making mistakes you had no idea about. One inflammatory food can undo the good done by so many others.

Why not adequate fat? Why high or low? Just make them healthy fats. Avoid high omega 6 veggie oils, hydrogenated fat and trans fats. This means margarine and crisco which means almost all commercial baked goods. And almost all fried foods.