Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oherinbby

any fellow orhti tri cyclen users?

i juss started taken ortho two days ago so if there are any side affects its to soon to tell

has anyone got any input on the side effects that happened to you guys? any success stories?

any input would help me out alot im sick of this damn acne and i want my FACE BACK!

I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen LO for 2 months and asked to be switched to Ortho Tri Cyclen since thats the one tested to treat acne. I did notice improvement however on the LO version. My skin was less oily but I recently had a VERY bad break out. I cried, it was that bad. I still have acne, it just got a LITTLE better. The good news is the regular Ortho Tri Cyclen should work for the acne problem. I am extremely optimistic about it.

I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen LO for 2 months and asked to be switched to Ortho Tri Cyclen since thats the one tested to treat acne. I did notice improvement however on the LO version. My skin was less oily but I recently had a VERY bad break out. I cried, it was that bad. I still have acne, it just got a LITTLE better. The good news is the regular Ortho Tri Cyclen should work for the acne problem. I am extremely optimistic about it.

Logically, if ortho lo worked for you, regular ortho tri cyclen should work better since it's the same except with more estrogen (to cancel out androgens). But everyone does seem to react kind of randomly to birth control so it's hard to say, but if anything yes it should work better.

I'm on trinessa which is generic for ortho tri cyclen, and I just posted this in another thread but I am on my third week and am experiencing a minor breakout, but am giving it another month or two to see if my skin settles down. No other side effects so far, which is good.

I was on Ortho for years and had very, very clear skin. I've just recently gone off in the fall and about 3 months later experienced a big breakout -- so it doesn't solve anything, but it definitely helps while you're on it.

TMB, try Vitex, I heard it's great to take if you are getting off the pill or experiencing menopause. It helps to clear acne and any other symptoms caused by hormones going back to normal. However, it really increases your sex drive so if you are not trying to get pregnant I would be careful.