Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
legend_killer1985

Acne Scars Killing me. Please Help!!!!!!!!!!

Hello,

I'm 24 years Old and I get alot of pimples since 2001 to 2007 but after that all my pimples gone and left this bloody scars. I want to know whats the best treatment to remove the acne scars. I've uploaded some pictures of my acne scars. how it looks like. although i've did treatment of Erbium Laser (Ablative) in india.. I had down time like for 16-18 days and still my face is pink bcoz i had like 2 months ago. but it dint help. and i heard that mederma do the magic for acne scars. but will it work on my acne scars?

please i need a good advice to get rid of this acne scars. its really killing me.

Thank you.

post-118368-1260712379_thumb.jpg

post-118368-1260712405_thumb.jpg

post-118368-1260712427_thumb.jpg

post-118368-1260712379_thumb.jpg

post-118368-1260712405_thumb.jpg

post-118368-1260712427_thumb.jpg

Edited by legend_killer1985

Thanks for ur reply. but im already under treatment of erbium laser. i did it twice and u can see the scars are same.. and my face has become more pink than before. is there any other thing i can do apart from lasers and dermarolling. bcoz i had 2 treatments already and it failed to me big time.

Stay away from fraxel or any other lasers. They do not work, and only make your skin look worse! I don't even think you can find any SANE doc that will use the Fraxel:repair on Asian skin.

I suggest trying either Dermarolling, TCA Cross, or Silicone. Research each thoroughly. There are simply no other treatments worth mentioning at this time.

IMO, you look like a good candidate for silicone, and maybe some TCA cross.... I do not know a lot about dermarolling, but I have heard some good things about it. You still will not get your perfect results, but I think you would be happy after silicone. However, you will need someone who is skilled, otherwise forget about it!

Stay away from fraxel or any other lasers. They do not work, and only make your skin look worse! I don't even think you can find any SANE doc that will use the Fraxel:repair on Asian skin.

I suggest trying either Dermarolling, TCA Cross, or Silicone. Research each thoroughly. There are simply no other treatments worth mentioning at this time.

IMO, you look like a good candidate for silicone, and maybe some TCA cross.... I do not know a lot about dermarolling, but I have heard some good things about it. You still will not get your perfect results, but I think you would be happy after silicone. However, you will need someone who is skilled, otherwise forget about it!

Why would fraxel make ur skin look worse..?

Adam, have you had Fraxel Re:pair?

CartWheeling, Fraxel Re:pair has a 60% approval rating on Realself and that is mostly from people who have only had one treatment. Most improvement comes after the 2nd Re:pair. My one big question for the original poster was not if Fraxel Re:pair would help him, because it surely would. I would be more concerned with hyperpigmentation because of the color of his skin. That is my only hesitation in recommending Fraxel Re:pair in his case. Otherwise it is his best bet.

http://www.realself.com/question/fraxel-repair

Guest icaretohelp

dudely a lot of the positive testimonials are fake( you can tell..only 1 post..and no more answering of questions from REAL users on realself)...i would not reccomend fraxel repair..i had it done and i still notice a slight pinky tint which wasnt there before.

Look up Lamarr1986's thread, "Ok guys..."

Dermarolling + LEDs = best chance from forum reviews.

I did over 20 hours of research on here.

Mark has been answering questions and been doing this for over a year and says he's about to stop dermarolling because he doesn't need to!

Moreover, BRD, Bulgarian R. Dermatologist also recommends Marks thread for dermarolling and LEDs. BRD is the boards best contact for regeneration cells Dr. Not even doing fillers as good as the procedures in the thread. Many many members contest this is the only thing that works. Good luck. Will take a long time to read the whole thread but its worth it.

Red marks: Look up baby brush method!

There is hope!

BTW, it won't happen overnight. Talking 10 months minimum for a significant collagen build. Some members are seeing very great results on second roll with his entire list of procedures/ products. I just started and have much tighter pores. My face is like yours but I'd say a little worse.

Good Luck!

Anyone interested in LEDs needs to study the postings on http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/LEDeffects/messages

V is LEDman, and there is a ton of information on this forum, but it is a bit difficult to navigate. There is also an interesting thread on dermarolling on http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a...52/m/3960047365 and this is a lot easier to navigate. This site is run by Dr Pickert so there will also be copper peptide talk. If you see any posts by Dazed that is me.

Your picture looks sad cause there is fat loss in the cheeks. Unfortunately any derm who does laser has no clue about this. They don't care anyway cause the nurses can do the laser and he just have to see you for 10 min.

If you go to some experienced derm who knows about facial aesthetics, he'll suggest you a variety of things that he'll do. The actual scars need to be rebuilt by recollegenization using fasia.

Go to edmund griffin in atlanta or steve burres in los angeles, they have written book chapters on treatment of acne scars.

Dermabrasion/laser cannot be used on dark skin so don't waste your money on it.

I had very similar scarring to yours, but I also had many icepick scars. I've had them for over 20 years. I tried Fraxel ReStore, Fraxel RePair, Profractional (this helped somewhat), laser peels and dermabrasion. I spent over $10,000 on reducing my scars with little improvement. I purchased a dermaroller for $70.00, have used it now every six weeks for about 8 months and almost all scarring is gone except for a few icepicks that are still there. But I can get the dermatologist to remove those. I can't believe the success I've had with the dermaroller. You should probably purchase one that is 1.5 or 2.0.

listen randy orton.. go for subcision a surgical process .. which is quite cheap and effective.. but you have to undergo atleast 3-4 subcisions.. trust me it will work.. by the way where in india are you ??