Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey :D

its really awesome to see the progress you've made in just two months! I've just started like a week and a half ago and if mine works as well as yours I shall be well pleased :)

youre looking great! hope the rest of it goes well :D

Thank you everyone!! I love getting your comments!

@duelingdragons It's so weird to be an "inspiration". I like it on this flip side :) You'll be joining soon. Never lose hope!

@stephy188 Best of luck on your course! I'm sure it will go great :)

We've been getting ready for spring break and I realized this is the first trip since 7th grade that I don't have to plan my shirts around my back/chest breakouts. So lovley.

Edited by HereComesTheSun:)

Day 91

And I was worried I wouldn't be good for spring break...Psh. :)

Side-effects: I've been much dryer lately and the rash on my hands has been flaring up alot too. And I think I got a little sunburnt from just a car ride, yikes.

Is it possible to get a tan while on accutane? I'm not planning on laying in the sun or whatnot, like I'll have tons of sunscreen on. But I usually burn, then it turns into a really nice tan a few days later. Would that still happen, or would it just stay red?

Acne-wise: One active, maybe. :)

Front - http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab290/a...i93/Photo34.jpg

Left - http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab290/a...i93/Photo17.jpg

Right (1 bothersome scar) - http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab290/a...i93/Photo11.jpg

Hey HereComesTheSun,

I just wanna say you are making good progress so far in your Accutane so far and keep up the good work. Now I have a question about Accutane. I am taking 20 mgs of Amnesteem and i noticed my skin was actually getting better in my first month which i have just completed. Now i do know that everyone is different skin wise but do you think that i will still get that massive breakouts that everyone gets on the drug or does it depend on your skin? Thank you for asking my question and have a good day

firebirdxx2

@rjavolaska - thanks girl :) I started using jojoba oil this past week, which may have done the same job

@firebirdxx2 - Thank you! And 20mg is a pretty low, so if you up your dose it's possible you could get it then. But If you do I doubt it would be "massive". And I think it really depends on the severity of your skin. Best of luck with the rest of your course!

Update: The rash on my hands has been pretty bad and my skins a bit dry so I decided to do my second month dosage again while I'm on my trips. I just hope the improvement keeps up. I'd say I have 2 actives right now (no cysts!).

I'm off on a cruise tomorrow so I'll post again tomorrow afternoon or Friday. Have a nice week eveyone!

You're the best you there is.

I hope you have a lovely Spring Break....you deserve it! I will be staring Accutane next month....I'm nervous, but your log has been encouraging.

@crigeroo haha yeah you're pretty psychic. thanks for being so positive :)

@juliet7714 thank you! im so glad you think so, i'm sure it will go fantastically for you. best of luck!

So I just got back from my cruise to the bahamas with my mom and sister and the sun really wasn't a problem for me at all [i used 30 sun screen]. And I ended up just taking 80mg everyday, except one day I took 40mg. The rash on my hands is just skin color scabs now. I've noticed it just flares up when i put lotions on it so, nunna that. I did get 4/5 spots total, but I think it was caused by a makeup I just started using the day before we left. And I had some sugar (ice cream!) and I have yet to see an affect from it! I do have a huge stomach ache right now tho :/ I need to take it easy on the dairy.. I just got excited.. ha

Well I gotta finish packing for my trip with my dad and folks tomorrow. So so tired, ah.. Hope everyones doing good! I'll post pictures when I get back (27th).

WOW your skin looks amazing.. so clear, so pretty!!!!! I'm sooo excited now to get further into the course and hopefully progress as beautifully as you did. But I'm still stuck at measly day#22 :angry:

Enjoy your spring break and your clear skin!!!

Hey!

I think you look totally fantastic! It's really exciting to see how well your doing! I don't know if it can help but I read that havign more probiotics can really help with the rash on your hands!

I just have a couple spoonfuls of yogart in the morning and it's been helping a lot! I have to watch it bc I have issues with dairy as well but just a bit may help! Let me know if it does!

And good luck your doing great!

Thank you so much everyone!!

Day 107 maybe..

Just got back from my trips. Got my outgoingness back :)

Side-effects:I was totally fine with just applying 30 sunscreen once a day. I got a little burnt, but it turned into a tan as always. And I drank a bit, which got me worried, but I think I'll be fine. I skipped a pill and drank lots of water, and at my last derm visit she said I didnt have to take anymore blood tests so I'm not gunna stress it. The rash on my hands is gone. I'm not dry besides my arms and nose peeling a little bit from the sunburn. My lips are only a little chapped. Shout out to Aquaphor. I think I might be bruising really easily, me and my cousin are pretty rough though. When I got home, I bent down to pet my dog and I got a muscle spasm? in my lower back. It sucked ass but it's wearing off.

Acne-wise:During my first trip I got like 3 sucky breakouts on my right cheek, possibly from a new lotion I was using. And last week I got about 4 less sucky ones, which I didn't really care about. Seeing as on my trips before accutane I'd get 3 or more a day, I was really happy with it. I also started eating sugar, which is amazing. I had smores last night with some friends and I didn't have any anxiety. Hey life, welcome. :)

So I'd just like to say that in the beginning of my course, I felt like I was going to be one of the ones that accutane just wouldn't work for. Now looking back at all my pictures, it's amazing where my skin is at now and I am SO happy I went on it. Never loose hope. Your best days are ahead of you.

And my derm said she has a bunch of kids from the school I went to on accutane now. So if your one of them... Hey :)

>Pictuhs>

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab290/a...93/Photo7_3.jpg

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab290/a...93/Photo9_3.jpg

From my trip-

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab290/a.../DSC00265_2.jpg

herecomesthesun: Its so gooood to be enjoying life right? Happy that u are doing good!

I'm looking forward to the day where i wont have to worry about what i ate last night would cause my acne, Or the day where i wont have to check my skin in the mirror every morning when i wake up...if u get what i mean...... LOL....

@HereComesTheSun:) Just curious, in your opinion, when you could start noticing a difference in your skin enough to say that you could think to yourself that the medicine was working.

I'm on Claravis 80MG, just started my third month today.. and while my skin is better than it was when I started, its not where I'd like it to be (yet anyway).. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

@duelingdragons Well there were several times that I thought it was working and my skin was getting better, but it would always get bad again soon after. So it wasn't until the 4th month that I was actually confident about it working. And now that I can eat whatever and not break out, I'm definitely sure. You're almost there!