Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Side effects:I'm only a LITTLE dry when i don't moisturise throughout the day. Barley. Are people usually hit by the dryness by now? Hm. In other news, the lower-back pain is annoying, but its manageable. And Accutane may or may not be making me very tired... It's very debatable. But yeah, I don't really feel like I'm on it... I'm going up to 80mg in month 2 so I'm expecting more with that.

Acne-wise:Not too shabby. Still getting a couple cysts on my cheeks, blackheads, and mila(?) around the chin/mouth area. I feel like I have loads under my skin.. Like my face will look okay, but to the touch, it's like a whole different story... Not cool.

i started a couple weeks before you, i dont think i noticed much difference by day 7. but it wasn't long after that! my back hurts too, and i dont notice much dryness as long as i moisturize. so i'd say things seem pretty normal for you haha :) and good luck!

Edited by sparkley

sparkley - Haha alright, grassy ass. Best of luck to you too!

krey - HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLE! Mah face is goodish. Smells like an update.

Week 3

Side-effects:I went snow boarding yesterday and two out of the three people I went with were sick, so today... I'm a little dry/chapped and sick. Excellent. I got a rash type deal on my hands too :/ Back pains a biotch.

Acne-wise:My face is pretty good. I just have 2 cysts on my forehead and 1 on my chin. Other than that, I think I'm downgrading to the smaller stuff. Blackheads are still chillin on my face and chest.

I'm upping my dosage in a week so I'm not getting too excited about improvement...

Day 23

post-108450-1262470491_thumb.jpg post-108450-1262470518_thumb.jpg post-108450-1262470544_thumb.jpg

I hope everyone's doing well! And happy new year! It's gunna be a good one :)

Edited by HereComesTheSun:)

wow pretty happy your starting to get results during your third week. Im on day 16 so just few days behind you. hope next week my IB starts to calm down cause im going back to work.

I hope upping the dose doesnt lead to another IB for you, though from what ive been reading, people tend to breakout after an increase in dosage. Oh well stay strong, few more months and youll be clear!!!! :D

I am wishing you the best with this! I will be keeping up with your log...funny how acne can become such an obsession to get rid of. Now I am even obsessing over other people getting rid of their acne! haha.

Raskolnikov - Thanks :) And best of luck to you! I don't really mind if it gets worse because I know that I'll be clear in a few months, ya know?

KeepSmilingThrough - Haha yeah I know what ya mean. Thanks so much! The wait will be over before you know it. :)

Have't checked in in a while. I hope you don't break out TOO badly when they up your dosage.RE: blackheads...I know I'm weird for saying this, but looking back, I kinda enjoyed the phase when they were all coming up, lol. Good to know that everything else is going well otherwise.

:)

Edited by kimminz

Haha oh man Kyle take that quote out. Large.

I feel like 80mg is gunna be a whole other trip so hold on the 'lucky'.

Anytime. :)

Nahh youll be fine. My 1 month appointment is soon. What if he ups my dose to like a billion mgs a day?

WEEK 4!

Side-effects:My hands are pretty dry - Shea Butter Cream helps a lot. My face is still barley dry, but Aloe and Cetaphil moisturizer morning and night are still musts. My lips only really get chapped when I go outside, which I barley do, but it goes back to normal the next day with Aquaphor. Back pain is really the life of the party.

Acne:My face is lookin pretty spiffy [active wise]. I have tonss of blackeads on my chest and back, but I guess I'm glad its just monster blackheads and not acne.

Day 29:

post-108450-1262979713_thumb.jpg post-108450-1262979694_thumb.jpg

Picture 1) Those are two marks, not scars, in the middle. Two spots had just peeled off before I took the picture. Picture 2) The larger looking one in the middle is actually flat, just irritated at the moment.

1/11/10

Day 31

I went to the derm today and she decided I'm going to take 80mg on even days, and 40mg on odd. Im her first accutane patient so she wants to play it safe... Probably isn't the best situation, but hey, she's close.

My face has gone completely downhill the past few days :(

post-108450-1263260287_thumb.jpg post-108450-1263260319_thumb.jpg

I'm gunna do an apple fast for a week to see if its more accutane or food caused... it could be 'girly' aswell. So frustrating. Oh well.

80, do yo thang.

Hi! I'm a 17 yr old girl and starting Accutane on the 27th (hopefully). My crappy skin is mostly on my chin/mouth area and forehead, but I also have it on my chest/shoulders(?!)/back too :(. It's super lameeee! I feel ya on the anxiety/depression stuff. Sometimes it just feels sooo unfair.

Anyway, just stopping by to say Hi and just to let you know, your skin is really not that bad, and I'm sure you will clear up beautifully, because you already have a naturally pretty face! And I am not just saying that!

Hope things start getting better for you soon :) I'm sure they will. I'll be stopping by again!

graffiti_eyes Aw thank you :blush: Your waits almost over! Do you think you'll make a log?

Day 40

I can't decide if it's going by fast or slow...I guess it's like a speed-walk.

Side-Effects:Just drier and chapped, but not enough to bother me. And maybe some headaches.

Acne-wise:Me and my right side are getting along pretty well these days, but my left cheeks quite the rebel. I had been getting cyst over and over in that same area as the picture in my last post, but I think it finally stopped, minus 1 cyst... And the spots seem to peel off a lot faster now.

Routine: Cetaphil or Purpose Cleanser - Smart Silver Topical Gel - Aloe Vera Gel - [if I'm still dry] Cetaphil Lotion - - Shea Butter Cream [Hands/Elbows] - - Aquaphor [Lips]

Vitamins: - Vitamin D Spray - 3 Spanish Black Radish - 2 Fish Oil - 1 Flora Probiotic

Is it okay to just have an apple and water when I take Accutane? [i'm doing an apple fast.] I know most people on here say you should take it with something fatty, but my derm. and pharmacist keep saying it doesn't matter... :/

post-108450-1263941465_thumb.jpgpost-108450-1263941539_thumb.jpg

Is it okay to just have an apple and water when I take Accutane? [i'm doing an apple fast.] I know most people on here say you should take it with something fatty, but my derm. and pharmacist keep saying it doesn't matter... :/

From what I can tell, taking it with food is better than taking it with nothing. The reason being, your stomach produces more acid to digest food than it would for just a pill, helping the pill to break down and be absorbed better. This process is made even more efficient when it's a fatty food, but, again, something is better than nothing.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that it's best to take it with food, or even a glass of whole milk. I usually do a spoon of peanut butter or some almonds if I'm not eating a meal... We have the same issue with our face - my left side is soo good right now, and my right is giving me problems still. Maybe we should switch ;)

Alright Thanks guys! :) I'll eat cashews with it once I'm done with the apple fast. I just wanted to make sure it was okay for now.

Haha Mallory your face looks so amazing! I'd switch anyy day.

Especially since I'm going to Louisiana for Mardi Gras. I'm tweaking soo much. Do yall think I'll be in good shape by then? It'll be like day 64. :pray:

Alright Thanks guys! :) I'll eat cashews with it once I'm done with the apple fast. I just wanted to make sure it was okay for now.

Haha Mallory your face looks so amazing! I'd switch anyy day.

Especially since I'm going to Louisiana for Mardi Gras. I'm tweaking soo much. Do yall think I'll be in good shape by then? It'll be like day 64. :pray:

64? 2 months in? Yeah I think you'll be fine. I hope :)

Oh...for the longest time I'd look at your pictures and say to myself "she looks like someone I know" but I just couldn't put my hand on it. Then it just occurred to me your eyes remind me of someone I knew in HS which was a while back. Lol...yes I know that is totally random but I just felt the need to let it out. :D

Edited by kimminz

kimminz -

My face seems like its already improving a bit since that last post so I'm feeling a little better about it. Ah. Still nervous as ever. My moms waiting til the nitty gritty to book the plane tickets...

Haha that's pretty sweet. Like my eye colors the same? :ninja:

hey just wanted to say good luck and hope the course goes well! I'm in the middle of my third month and things are finally starting to clear up, so it's reassuring to know there's a light at the end of the tunnel!!!!

Day 40

post-108450-1263941465_thumb.jpg post-108450-1263941539_thumb.jpg

I usually take my 2 pills with just a very large glass of water lol, never had any problems so far with it..knock on wood.

Your face is looking fine, you'll be back to perfectly clear skin in no time :)