Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone! I'm Allison and I'm 16.

I got my Accutane prescription [Claravis 40mg] yesterday and I couldn't be more siked!

I've classified my skin as being "bad" since I was 9/10, and I cant wait to put that behind me and appreciate the gains of the battle. Both of my parents had acne and it definatly runs in the family. I've pretty much had it all, from mild to moderate/severe on my face and back/chest/shoulders. Super oily and persistent.

I handled it very well the first 5 years, but there came a certain point where 'enough was enough' and I couldn't handle being let down by any more treatments. For the past year and half, I've let it get the best of me and switched to home schooling. Anxiety and depression were just really taking a toll on me - And my parents are divorcing so that added to it :/

Things I've tried:

Acne Free, Proactive, Murad, Clearogen, Benzol Peroxide, ACV, Egg Yolk Mask, Stridex Pads, Zeno, Differin, Retin A, Clyndamicin, Minocycline, Doxycycline, Bactrim, Yaz, Hormone Treatment, Chemical Peels, Lazer Treatment, IPL Light, Blue Light, Lightwave CS, DIM, Supplements, Strict Diet, Allergy Testing, Apple Fasting, 7 month Colon/Liver/Blood Cleanse, Acupuncture, [so much more].

So here's to Accutane. In a few months, I'll be clear :) Join me, wont you.

Day 1 - Stocked up on Aquaphor and Cetaphil.

[i had been taking Minocycline for the past few weeks so I was actually happy with my face here.]

post-108450-1260685807_thumb.jpg post-108450-1260685818_thumb.jpg

post-108450-1260685807_thumb.jpg

post-108450-1260685818_thumb.jpg

Edited by HereComesTheSun:)

I enjoy your log title, haha. Good luck starting your course. I hope you have an easy time of it. I've been recommending Chopsaver chapstick to like.... everyone. It has done so well for me, so far. Just saying. :D

AhMyFace - Haha :) Thank you! I'll have to pick some up. Did you prefer it over Aquaphor?

Tommyg67 - Hey, thanks :) I didn't really notice any change in my skin because I have a really healthy diet as is. If you actually follow the Acne Free in 3 Days thing by doing the enemas as well it seems to be more effective.

Day 3

:unsure: Hello? IB, is that you?

Pretty much all of the spots I had before are inflamed now... And the blackheads seem more visible. Maybe they're starting to come out? I'm not dry yet so I'm enjoying that while I still can :) Few questions...

How long does it usually take for blackheads to go away?

What body wash should I use in the shower?

Day 3

:unsure: Hello? IB, is that you?

Pretty much all of the spots I had before are inflamed now... And the blackheads seem more visible. Maybe they're starting to come out? I'm not dry yet so I'm enjoying that while I still can :) Few questions...

How long does it usually take for blackheads to go away with accutane?

What body wash should I use in the shower?

I used the same soap in the shower , my derm. never really said I couldn't. One day I got out of the shower though and the normal soap I use (Dove) made my arms feel really dry though so I switched to some Dove Moisturizing soap with little beads in it that helps get dead skin and other gross things on your body off lol, it comes in a little blue and white tube.

I've been using the same body wash (from the Bath and Body Works aromatherapy line). It smells good and I haven't needed to stop, ha. I bet Dove and Oil of Olay have some good ones.

And blackheads will probably just depend on you. Mine only started to surface recently, in week 3, and I've never really dealt with them before in my life. They're just kind of chillin' for now.

Also! Yes, I do prefer Chopsaver over the other two. It smells pretty good, it has a nice texture, and it's been working great. The other two work well on my skin, but sometimes they dry my lips out, especially if I'm applying it often. That was true before I started Accutane. Chopsaver is pretty solid, at least for me.

Thank yall :) I got some Dove.

WEEK 1!

and plenty more to go....

Side effects:

So I'm not dry or chapped yet, but I've been moisturising and aquaphoring religiously. My scalp is itchy tho. I got a nose bleed yesterday and back pain, so I know its working.

Acne-wise:

If this is the IB, it's not at all what I was expecting (*every acne-prone area to explode). I've just been getting a few cysts on my cheeks and temples, not a big deal. And I'm not as oily! YES!

Picture time.

Day 3 -

post-108450-1261094736_thumb.jpg post-108450-1261094749_thumb.jpg

I took the Day 7s a few minutes ago in a different room - it's not really worse than Day 3, the lighting is just more revealing of marks.

Day 7 -

post-108450-1261094810_thumb.jpg post-108450-1261094828_thumb.jpg

Oh and I'm kinda tweaking about this. From what you see in the picture, do you think Accutane and chemical peels can take care of my scars?

post-108450-1261094736_thumb.jpg

post-108450-1261094749_thumb.jpg

post-108450-1261094810_thumb.jpg

post-108450-1261094828_thumb.jpg

about that scarring thing.. i think i'm starting to get a few shallow ones myself.. EEK! oh well they make me look tough which isn't too bad. ive always had a little boy face. But keep your chin up! everything is gonna get better

kromb - Haha yeah I actually kind of enjoy acne scars on guys. Thanks :) I sure hope so..

Day 10

Side effects:Dryness is beginning and back pain is pretty consistent whenever I'm lying down.

Acne-wise:Still getting 2-6 cysts on my cheeks, plus the little fun stuff. :P

WEEK 2!

Happy Christmas Eve everyone!

and MERRY CHRISTMAS tomorrow!

Here we goo

Side effects: I'm only a LITTLE dry when i don't moisturise throughout the day. Barley. Are people usually hit by the dryness by now? Hm. In other news, the lower-back pain is annoying, but its manageable. And Accutane may or may not be making me very tired... It's very debatable. But yeah, I don't really feel like I'm on it...

Acne-wise: Not too shabby. Still getting a couple cysts on my cheeks, blackheads, and mila(?) around the chin/mouth area. I feel like I have loads under my skin.. Like my face will look okay, but to the touch, it's like a whole different story... Not cool.

Day 12 - sorry about the lighting

post-108450-1261698788_thumb.jpg post-108450-1261698828_thumb.jpg

I also have some very little bumps on my chest and such. My chest and back are the most affected by sugar...But my back is oddly clear. I also get bumps in the bend of my arm...anyone else? It's unfortunate when it comes to getting my blood drawn...You could imagine.

I've had a very strict diet for the past few years. It's the only thing that has keept my back and chest clear. For those of you who are also at war with food, at what point of your Accutane course were you able to eat food/sweets without having to worry about the acne aftermath? Thank yuuhhh

Oh John Mayer is doing an Interfaith Cake Contest and I made one so I thought I'd put it on here to add some extra Christmas vibes.

post-108450-1261701637_thumb.jpg

He announces the winner on the 30th ish and I'm TWEAKING out. Akhlkehrwge;ge;b b/.

EDIT: I didn't win... :/

Winner = http://www.johnmayer.../permalink/5388

2nd Place = http://www.johnmayer.../permalink/5387

that cake is freaking amazing! hope you win.

good luck with the course. i'm also on claravis- just a few weeks ahead of you. clear skin 20-10 is my motto.

Hey I just wanted to say I feel ya. I withdrew from my last semester of college this year as I couldn't deal with the stress of it all and fell into a deep depression. :boohoo:. Things are looking up though and I hope to get back to school after this winter break. Good luck to ya!

Hey there! Glad to hear you're not struggling too much with the side effects... not necessarily a bad thing :) I DEFINITELY only started noticing dryness in my skin within the second week. The oil hasn't come back at all, either! I can actually go a full day without touching up my makeup... that is a miracle for me, ha.

Can't give you an answer about the food thing. I'm still pretty careful about eating chocolate because I think it does have a tendency to mess with me a bit... (which is a total bummer because my ONE weakness is chocolate.)

Anyway, Merry Christmas!

curlyq - Haha thank you! The competitions rising. Ah.

2nd course, eh? Best of luck and hopefully it will be the last. I dig the motto :)

SameSongAndDance - Thank you! Only the best to you.

mallory - I wore makeup today for the first time since I started and there was definatly a huge change in oil. I didn't have to blot or touch up at all really. What a lovely surprise :) I still felt pretty gross, but that was huge for me.

Are you planning on eating chocolate after Accutane or keep steering clear?

~ I hope yall had a wonderful Christmas and enjoy the rest of 2009! Clear skin 20-10 :)

Sadly, I think I'd rather have acne than to not ever eat chocolate again. Hahah, no, just kidding. But I don't completely cut it out of my diet, but I definitely don't have it everyday - or every week, for that matter.

mallory - Haha yeah we're just obligated to eat chocolate, there's no getting around it. :)

Day 15

I just took picture updates for myself so, eh, why not put them up..

post-108450-1261811593_thumb.jpg post-108450-1261811563_thumb.jpg

First frontal yet. Hay there. post-108450-1261811606_thumb.jpg

Nice log so far! I'll keep watching you (but totally not in a creepy way :whistle:)... I start my course on the 28th, so I'm right behind you. Hooray!

Also, my boyfriend's mom just gave me a turbie twist and I have to say, despite him insisting that it's stupid, it absolutely rocks.

volcom3453 Thanks Anthony :) I hope so too!

And best of luck with the hair loss situation. I'm sure it'll turn around once you're off for a bit.