Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ghostunit

I need a list of healthy food to try!

I am always feeling weak because I don't sleep enough due to my job and college...

And I really need more healthy foods to try ... to keep me awake and energized.

This is my current diet -

Ezekiel bread

Salads ( Just romaine lettuce and red cabbage )

extra olive oil ( for salads )

Extra virgin coconut oil ( for bread )

all natural chicken breast ( With spices - Turmeric, Garlic, and onions )

Whey protein isolate from jay robb

Organic steel-cut oats

avocados

Organic cacao powder

Organic sweet potatoes ( when they have it available )

That's all I eat....

perhaps I should buy some supplement?

Tell me what supplement I need to help me :P Or foods.

And do you think my diet is bad?

I think I might add eggs, some nuts and more vegetable.

But I am afraid to break out! That;s how I am... =\ I worry much.

Edited by EddieE

That's all you eat....Have a nice life.. Best things in life sex and food..

What?

Gaming is also the best. :) You forgot to add that on your list.

Edited by EddieE

Damn that's a dick response. You can add having meaningful relationships with friends, family, etc and socializing to your list. Playing racquetball wouldn't hurt either.

OP: what happened to red meat? Lamb, beef, etc? Try adding legumes as well, make sure to prepare them properly (soaking, etc). Sweet potatoes and other tubers (yucca, taro), plantain, etc. Just add 1 group at a time and see how you react.

I suggest adding spinach, kale and collard greens. No one on this forum has said these three foods have ever caused their acne. You can sautee them in a frying pan with crushed garlic and a little soy sauce. YUM.

i think you could add blueberries and pomegranet....they are low in sugar and full of antioxidants and are tasty is salads! and steel cut oats are a good choice for breakfast.

I am always feeling weak because I don't sleep enough due to my job and college...

Ezekiel bread

extra olive oil

Extra virgin coconut oil

all natural chicken breast

Organic steel-cut oats

avocados

That's all I eat....

Try quinoa (keen-wa). It is a grain and is extremely good for you. Quinoa also gives me loads of energy!

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=f...ce&dbid=142

Just to note, prepare all your grains properly. Some require simple soaking, some fermenting, etc. This is a good link for wild rice (simply soaking won't do anything to rice): http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2009...brown-rice.html , for other grains refer to WAP foundation: http://www.westonaprice.org/foodfeatures/be_kind.html (that's an overview, they have more techniques for specific grains). You can find online other traditional ways of cooking which get rid of the "bad stuff" in grains and allows you to gain the nutrients in the grain. For example, try dosa masala, done the traditional way (fermentation is used). Here are some I found quickly online:

http://www.onamfestival.org/dosas.html (recipe)

http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2009...eat-grains.html (some thoughts)

http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2008...d-ix-idlis.html (recipe)

If you are clear now, at least you know what keeps you clear (haven't been able to find this myself). Worse case scenario you go back to that. Try adding food groups and giving it sometime to see how you react.

OK Thanks!

I am going to buy -

Organic quinoa ( I will soak them ), legumes, fruits that are low in sugars, more vegetable ( spinach, kale, etc.. ) I am thinking of green smoothies. :)'

What you think of eggs, organic kefir, and nuts?

But I am going to add them one a time..

By the way, I do buy sweet potatoes ( organic ) but they seem not to carry many of those.. so they ran out :( you think it's OK to buy the non organic one? I saw Gold sweet potatoe... it's big...

You think Yucca is good? what about platano :P

Ezekiel bread

extra olive oil

Extra virgin coconut oil

all natural chicken breast

Organic steel-cut oats

avocados

That's all I eat....

jesus this is all that you eat???? Have you ever heard of pizza, nachos, perogies, bacon, hashbrowns, eggs, cereal, yogurt, tuna, hot dogs, hamburgers, MCDONALDS, pasta, sausage, chips, cookies, steak, ribs, veal, french fries, potatoes, yams, sweet potatoes, vegtables, broccoli, carrots, tomatoe, like what the f' is wrong with you.

enjoy life, like how would you feel if you woke up one morning, ate your table spoon of olive oil and blender full of supplements (like a robot) and got hit by a bus? The laste taste id want in my mouth isn't a protien burp but some delicious canadian bacon. Like seriously i eat all the above, in excessive amounts, and have acne, but i'm not about to live on red cabboge and coconut oil pshhhh get your priorities straight. And take off all that under armour, who are you, dion phanueff?

on a side note dion phaneuff wore all underarmour to a bar here and all of us made so much fun of him the entire night, he looked like the biggest joke ever, but at least he eats like a human!

My god, that's one hell of diet. Quite frankly, it's dumb in my opinion.

You worry that much about your skin that you limit yourself to 8 food items. 3 of which are either oil or a protein shake. Seriously, how can it be that bad that you should take on some intense diet in order to prevent a breakout. There are people who eat the crappiest foods and still have clear skin. The thing that separates you and them is your entire mindset. You care; you breakout.

There are some things that must be taken in moderation of course, such as pop and other junk foods. But eating them once in awhile will in no way cause you to breakout.

Eat a balanced diet and exercise. No need to change your entire lifestyle to avoid a pimple.

enjoy life, like how would you feel if you woke up one morning, ate your table spoon of olive oil and blender full of supplements (like a robot) and got hit by a bus?

Pretty similar to how you'd feel if you just ate a pizza, which is nothing at all. You'd be dead, but your corpse would smell slightly nicer.

The whole point of this thread is because he's interested in expanding his food, people are missing the point. So much negativity here. If you don't subscribe to the diet and lifestyle idea why are you in this subforum?

My suggestions

- Alfalfa

- Spinach

- Honey

- Goji Berries

haters gonna hate. I really like your diet eddie, almost exactly the same as mine except I eat lots of eggs, I think you should try some eggs, excellent source of protein.

And to clearskinn: Get the fuck out of this thread if your gonna be a dick, what do you know about the right priorities for other people? some people rather trying to get clear skin then eat crap food, and you know just beacause its healthy doesnt mean it doesnt taste good either.

And to clearskinn: Get the fuck out of this thread if your gonna be a dick, what do you know about the right priorities for other people? some people rather trying to get clear skin then eat crap food, and you know just beacause its healthy doesnt mean it doesnt taste good either.

well from what this poser eats i know im living a hell of a lot better then him. And your so right, im so sorry for intruding on you granolas, steel cut oats sounds like probably the greatest food in the world, dooes it come with a free kick in the bls?

Wow, there are some mad kids in this thread. They definitely have some issues, don't see any other reason why they would so aggressively come spam Eddie's thread. Normally when you are living "a hell of a lot better" than other people you don't need to point it out (it often means you are trying to convince yourself of such). Responding to such comments is often futile, just let them be.

@Eddie, I would just try 1 food group at a time. For example, if sweet potato doesn't break you out, malanga, boniato, yucca, and other tubers probably won't either (hopefully you'll be able to enjoy yucca con mojo soon) and perhaps plantains (starchy, non-grain, but it is still different from tubers). Tell us how you do.

@All mad kids: if things didn't workout for you for w/e reason, take it easy on the other people that are giving it a try.

Eddie is a zit faced, anti-social loser who lives with his parents and can't talk to girls

.... that decks himself out in underarmour to play nhl 09 all day long, but is carefull not to sweat cause that will surley break him out

Eddie is a zit faced, anti-social loser who lives with his parents and can't talk to girls

.... that decks himself out in underarmour to play nhl 09 all day long, but is carefull not to sweat cause that will surley break him out

Who fucking ignored you when you were a baby? Did you not get enough attention?

haters gonna hate. I really like your diet eddie, almost exactly the same as mine except I eat lots of eggs, I think you should try some eggs, excellent source of protein.

Oh and I also take take Nutiva cacao powder for my whey :P

I love the taste.

Wow, there are some mad kids in this thread. They definitely have some issues, don't see any other reason why they would so aggressively come spam Eddie's thread. Normally when you are living "a hell of a lot better" than other people you don't need to point it out (it often means you are trying to convince yourself of such). Responding to such comments is often futile, just let them be.

@Eddie, I would just try 1 food group at a time. For example, if sweet potato doesn't break you out, malanga, boniato, yucca, and other tubers probably won't either (hopefully you'll be able to enjoy yucca con mojo soon) and perhaps plantains (starchy, non-grain, but it is still different from tubers). Tell us how you do.

@All mad kids: if things didn't workout for you for w/e reason, take it easy on the other people that are giving it a try.

Thanks, I will certainly try that.

LOL, Dieting only makes my face worse. Even if I stick with it for over a month. It has to do with the stress level which I believe is more of an issue than diet.

Everyone's always talking about Diets, Western Diets vs Eastern. How about that Eastern philosophy believes in no stress for centuries. If a Westerner can't see the correlation between stress and health on youtube then it's not real.

-Duck tape your TVs