Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jen0489x

Dicsouraged by spiro!!

Ahh, so I wake up today feeling like a cyst is forming on my nose, FIVE already formed on my chin, 2 on the left side of my cheek and 1 on the right, with my forehead filled with small bumps. AHHHH. This is day 9 of spiro for me. I guess this is the initial breakout?How long do you think this'll last? This is the week where my skin is usually at it's best!! I'm devastated. I half expected this, but it doesn't make it feel any less dreadful now that it's glaring at me in the mirror. My skin is also flaking!! Should I lower my dosage or something of spiro? I'm on 200mg/day. :(Any help would be appreciated

Ahh, so I wake up today feeling like a cyst is forming on my nose, FIVE already formed on my chin, 2 on the left side of my cheek and 1 on the right, with my forehead filled with small bumps. AHHHH. This is day 9 of spiro for me. I guess this is the initial breakout?How long do you think this'll last? This is the week where my skin is usually at it's best!! I'm devastated. I half expected this, but it doesn't make it feel any less dreadful now that it's glaring at me in the mirror. My skin is also flaking!! Should I lower my dosage or something of spiro? I'm on 200mg/day. :(Any help would be appreciated

I'm surprised your doctor started you out on 200mg a day? From what I understand 100mg is the usual dosage and you're usually started at an even lower dose and work your way up from there.

That aside, the breakout is expected no matter what your dose is. I broke out off and on for over four months! AND they were the worst breakouts of my life!

But now that I'm past six months, I am so happy! My skin is GORGEOUS! You can't even tell I ever had any kind of problem :) So whatever you do, don't give up!

Jen I had an Initial breakout that lasted a week at 50mg and another week when I went to 100.. I might also add that I bought a maca supplement awhile back among other vitamins in an attempt to help my face. Maca root is used to help even out your hormones naturally. Anyway I took these a few weeks ago after both of my IB's were over. I had two cysts started to form because of "messing" with my hormones but the spiro kept them from fully forming. anyway I am just saying be careful about anything else you put into your body. And the first two IB's WERE THE WORST OF MY LIFE!! But the cysts are over its been 48 days now. I am going to get a facial this week to clean out the rest of my skin!! And then I just need to deal with the red dots leftover~~! its totally worth it but I know how much this time sucks right now. Stay strong. Get facials and use AHA and or microderm abrasion to minimize later scaring. Don't pop if you can help it.

As far as the dryness of skin. I am on 100mg once a day. I used to have VERY oily skin always having to blot my face etc. now I can wear makeup all day and not have to do anything and it looks great!! But I think if I were on any higher dosage my skin would be too dry in fact it sort of is already. I think when I am 100% clear I might cut it back to 75mg myself and see if that works for me and makes me a little less dry.. So yea maybe your dosage is too high, but it might also clear you up much faster. Extra Virgin coconut oil has been my saving grace. Its an oil that is actually good for you skin and really help moisturize it actually helps to kill bacteria on your face and won't cause you to break out..

Sorry for the tangent hope all that was helpful!! Always look to this site to keep you going though . the reviews of spiro on here REALLY kept me going hearing about everyone else's success gave me hope =)