Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Puella

What to do with diet doesn't help?

I haven't been here in a while, but I'm getting fed up. I eat insanely healthy. No sugars. No dairy. No refined carbs or anything. When I do eat carbs, it's whole grain. I stay away from super sugar fruits and only eat apples and berries. I drink nothing but water and jog daily.

What am I doing wrong? Why isn't my skin any clearer after several months?

I haven't been here in a while, but I'm getting fed up. I eat insanely healthy. No sugars. No dairy. No refined carbs or anything. When I do eat carbs, it's whole grain. I stay away from super sugar fruits and only eat apples and berries. I drink nothing but water and jog daily.

What am I doing wrong? Why isn't my skin any clearer after several months?

It doesn't clear everybody.

You could be eating one food that is causing you problems that you currently think is okay.

You could have a problem with something in your body, such as your thyroid.

Other things such as exercise, sleep, stress, etc factor in.

even if you are eating healthily you could still be consuming foods that are inflammatory

healthy foods that are still inflammatory include

bananas

any cereal other than slow cooked oatmeal

granola

potatoes

peas

corn

honey

papaya

rice

mangos

bagels

dried fruits

i got this from the perricone acne perscription, i am just starting it so cant tell you how well it works yet....i'd be happy to post the full list of inflammatory foods as well as anti inflammatory if you're interested.

I stay away from super sugar fruits and only eat apples and berries.

You've deceived yourself. Apples have one of the highest fructose/glucose ratios of any fruit. Because humans are driven to eat sugar, you are driven to seek out the most high-fructose sugary fruit you can -- and then label it "healthy". One large sweet apple can have as much excess fructose (over molar glucose) as a can of Coke.

A high percentage of the time, when people say they are eating "healthy", they have actually switched to a high-fructose diet by slamming down way more fruits (and way higher-fructose fruits) than we ever evolved to eat. But still, then they claim they don't eat "sugar"! Often, they also drug themselves constantly with caffeine (e.g., green tea, coffee). I have no idea what will cure your acne, but it is a fact that the 100% acne-free Trobriand Islanders don't have caffeine and they eat little fruit.

Probably, if you really cut out the sugar (instead of holding the magical belief that sugar in fruits doesn't "count"), avoided caffeine, slept long and regularly, and ate equal portions of everything in the vegetable section of your grocery store (processed as little as possible -- not processed to make a "smoothie" so it will taste sweeter!), you would see a dent in your acne.

and jog daily.

Hopefully outdoors in bright light without hat and sunglasses, and not close to bedtime, where it could help suppress having a normal melatonin cycle.

Answer to you question: keep trying, change w/e is wrong with your current try. As far as I can see, you can take out grains and see how you do without them.

wait a second is banana rice and potatoe inflamitory? Wth what to eat then! (bananas rice and potatoes are inportant right?) I mean everybody eats one of does foods...

i would say a wild rice or quinoa would be ok...but white rice and potatoes def. not.

bananas, potatoes, rice and those other foods are simple starches that will be broken down into sugar in your digestive system. This will cause your blood sugar to rise which will trigger an insulin response which will inturn trigger inflammation at a cellular level which will create acne.

see this is interesting, one weekend i drank a pint of redbull and i dont normally drink stuff like that. the next day i broke out like crazy. i couldnt figure out what it was but maybe it was that?

packerfan, I have had my thyroid checked several times and it's fine. I also exercise and sleep regularly.

serena, I don't eat any of those foods, ever but if you want to post a complete list, I could look it over and see.

databased, I do not deceive myself. I've found a lot of sites saying apples aren't super sugar and even then, it doesn't matter because i rarely eat them even if I do eat them maybe once a month. I don't really like apples all that much and only eat them as a snack at my parents house or something like I said, on a rare occasion. You also should have read that the only other mentioned fruit was berries and again, I don't even eat those daily because they're too expensive, but I will eat them occasionally and even when I do eat apples or berries, I don't notice any more breakouts than usual. I jog at 6am. I don't wear hats because they look stupid on me and are uncomfortable and I wear glasses so I don't wear sunglasses.

venam, I've considerably cut out most grains but I can try eliminating them. I keep reading all of this anti-candida and leaky gut stuff that I might try out

packerfan, I have had my thyroid checked several times and it's fine. I also exercise and sleep regularly.

serena, I don't eat any of those foods, ever but if you want to post a complete list, I could look it over and see.

databased, I do not deceive myself.

Don't take it personally. Everyone gets the apple/coke speech. The green tea rant is new though. What's your acne like? Any improvements at all?

Have you considered digestion issues, liver and adrenal health, stress? Or a myriad of other things I can never remember at one time so I made the Good Things thread linked to in my signature.

Edited by alternativista

databased, I do not deceive myself.

Don't take it personally. Everyone gets the apple/coke speech. What's your acne like? Any improvements at all?

Have you considered digestion issues, liver and adrenal health, stress? Or a myriad of other things I can never remember at one time so I made the Good Things thread linked to in my signature.

since your the guru of diet, whats your take on colostrum?