Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
.JacktheLad.

acne lights

hello people. been reading a lot of threads about acne lamps/lights

seems to me that red and blue is the most beneficial with no adverse side effects. Only problem seems to be the price of them..

really want to give this a go as for some reason i feel it will work.

problem is i dont know if my acne is caused by hormones or bacteria. i would say my acne is mild and i get left with pretty bad hyperpigmentation even from a small spot.

i also live in the UK so can anyone recommend me a lamp to buy. i would probably spend up to £400 but less would be a bonus

from what i can tell, acnelamp.com seems to know there stuff, babyQ based in the UK sell lamps from £249.

just need some guidance on the subject really

and red light heals whilst blue kills bacteria.

do you only need blue aswell as red if your spots are inflammed. or will it work on white heads?

Edited by want2beme

I bought the carribean sun box after doing some major research and reading reviews (about 6 months ago). It only made my skin heal faster, did not affect acne at all. It was recommended to do it 20 minutes twice a day. I did an hour twice a day or more for a month if I remember correctly.

I bought the carribean sun box after doing some major research and reading reviews (about 6 months ago). It only made my skin heal faster, did not affect acne at all. It was recommended to do it 20 minutes twice a day. I did an hour twice a day or more for a month if I remember correctly.

was that a red a blue lamp mate? what have you done with it now?

I bought the Lightwave CS from Light Therapy Options Inc (can't remember URL-- google LIGHTWAVE CS and it'll pop up) for 250 US dollars. I've had it about two weeks and can't say I've noticed any improvement in my skin. It hasn't gotten worse, either. They have a 90 day return policy and will refund your money if it doesn't work, which is why I bought it. The lady who runs the place is really nice and friendly and even sent me a signed card with the lamp. All I can tell you is that the lamp seems to be built very well.

I'll keep you posted on my results. Supposedly it can take a couple months to see anything.

It is relatively new so there isn't much out there in terms of reviews/feedback.

Edited by crevin

I bought the Lightwave CS from Light Therapy Options Inc (can't remember URL-- google LIGHTWAVE CS and it'll pop up) for 250 US dollars. I've had it about two weeks and can't say I've noticed any improvement in my skin. It hasn't gotten worse, either. They have a 90 day return policy and will refund your money if it doesn't work, which is why I bought it. The lady who runs the place is really nice and friendly and even sent me a signed card with the lamp. All I can tell you is that the lamp seems to be built very well.

I'll keep you posted on my results. Supposedly it can take a couple months to see anything.

It is relatively new so there isn't much out there in terms of reviews/feedback.

thanks but i am based in the uk. but keep me posted with your findings and i hope you have taken photos!

I have a Tanda but don't particularly recommend it. It works but it is plagued by battery problems! It is supposed to be rechargeable but mine stopped holding a full charge after only 2 months. Having said all that, it did clear my acne in about 5 weeks. I use both red and blue light therapy (mine is the Tanda Professional which comes with 2 separate light heads). I am still using it on a very casual basis - it works fine while plugged into the wall.

I'm interested in trying a new light therapy device - I am considering the handheld product over at theLedMan.com - but I want to do a little more research first. This one has red, infrared and blue LEDs all in one unit which sounds really intriguing.

I am in the UK too and have just received a Dr Kern Beauty Skin Lamp for Xmas - though was allowed to open it early to get a head start :D - cost was just under £200 from the main distributor in the UK based in Southport.

My acne has been a fixture since I was 10/11 just before periods started and am now 30 so there is defo a hormonal element to them, but the reason I finally went for the BS, was due to the fact in summer, or at least when abroad, my skin clears up 90-100% by the end of the two weeks. The recommendation from Dr Tony Chu also swayed me to try this before going for something like N-Lite which costs most and has only the same guarantees but this I can keep, and use for 2+yrs

Clearing up in the sun is one of the big recommendations/indicators this lamp will work for your type of acne, and I think perhaps the reason my skin is so dire at the moment is a combo of not going away for the past year, plus stress.

Have now used it twice, last night and an hour ago, and the 3 huge cysts I had that were open but wouldn't come to a head (yes I know, vile) and were basically like open sores, have dried up and healed over. My skin has gone very dry and flaky but thats mainly due to having to use without moisturiser, straight after cleansing.

Obviously it's too early for me to know if it 'works' but if it can reduce the acne, heal them faster, and heal the scars, enough to be able to cover easily with makeup (which currently I can't) then its enough for me!