Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Weenie Beenie

Who else has gotten clear before?

I first started dealing with acne at around the age of 11. It was very minor, but that was when I started to get my first pimples. Then somewhere between the ages of 13 and 15, my acne developed into moderate-severe. I hated the way I looked, and I was so tired of having to deal with it. Everything seemed so hopeless.

Finally when I was 16, I beat the acne using the right combination of antibiotics and retinoids. For the first time in years, my skin was clear. And I felt so happy and free. I had very minimal scarring (which is surprising considering some of what I had to deal with) and I was just satisfied with life. All my red marks had faded. I'd deal with maybe one small pimple every other month or so. No big deal at all. Acne was a thing of the past.

Then, two years later, the medications stopped working and I started breaking out again. Here I am now, at 19, looking just as bad as I did when I was 15. I think that's what makes dealing with my acne so hard now. It's like...I've had to suffer through this before, but I beat it. And I know what it feels like to be clear. And now here I am again going through it again. It feels so unfair. And this time, I'm actually scarring.

I have to go back to school next month, and I'll be seeing people who I haven't seen since my skin was clear. I'm really embarrassed about facing them and having to deal with the "woah, what happened to you?" type of thing.

It just sucks. I'm so sick of this. Can anyone else relate to anything like this?

Edited by Weenie Beenie

I first started dealing with acne at around the age of 11. It was very minor, but that was when I started to get my first pimples. Then somewhere between the ages of 13 and 15, my acne developed into moderate-severe. I hated the way I looked, and I was so tired of having to deal with it. Everything seemed so hopeless.

Finally when I was 16, I beat the acne using the right combination of antibiotics and retinoids. For the first time in years, my skin was clear. And I felt so happy and free. I had very minimal scarring (which is surprising considering some of what I had to deal with) and I was just satisfied with life. All my red marks had faded. I'd deal with maybe one small pimple every other month or so. No big deal at all. Acne was a thing of the past.

Then, two years later, the medications stopped working and I started breaking out again. Here I am now, at 19, looking just as bad as I did when I was 15. I think that's what makes dealing with my acne so hard now. It's like...I've had to suffer through this before, but I beat it. And I know what it feels like to be clear. And now here I am again going through it again. It feels so unfair. And this time, I'm actually scarring.

I have to go back to school next month, and I'll be seeing people who I haven't seen since my skin was clear. I'm really embarrassed about facing them and having to deal with the "woah, what happened to you?" type of thing.

It just sucks. I'm so sick of this. Can anyone else relate to anything like this?

I know exactly how you feel, a few years ago I had the worst acne ever! It started out slow, then progressed to severe with cysts all over and it was just disqusting... anyway my derm put me on antibiotics and his own bp face wash and benzaclin. My skin looked amazing 2 months later, with minimal scarring. So in Sept I went to BMT and my face started breaking out again. Started slowly, and has now progressed. It really sucks knowing how good I felt about myself, and now I am so self concious, the way it was with my acne the first time around. And about what you said "I'm really embarrassed about facing them and having to deal with the "woah, what happened to you?" type of thing." I get that ALL the time, and it is so devastating. I used to be considered a pretty girl, and now people are just like whoah, what the hell happened to you... Ive even been accused of being on ice and meth! I completely know how you feel :[ But it helps to know that other people are going through this, too. Even though it is no fun, others do share your pain...

I haven't been clear since I was about 11 and younger. I wish I had that skin again.

I'm pretty sure it's just being a teenager and it'll end soon... I got acne around the same time I started growing boobs. lol

Sooo... I'm praying ;_;

Nope....Since 11 Ive had it. I remember my very first pimple was right between my eyes lol and i got called an indian by all my friends then. It got much worse but has basically been moderate/mild since then. Im 18 now and ive grown to just forget about acne and move on. Although every 3-4 months i will get one HUGE Cyst on my nose that turns it completely red. I absoloutely hate it when i get one of these.

If people actually say, "Woah! What happened to you?!" please kindly tell them to fuck off. Seriously! You don't owe anybody any kind of explanation.

Same...

My acne was most clear, when i had girlfriend, when i was happy, i even didnt use any stuff like cleaners, just water, i remember then i worked out every week in gym, eated lot of vegetables and fruits, everything was fine.

But after that i started smoking, drinking alchohol and other bad things and my acne became worse.

I think if youre happy, then your face is with less acne :)

I started getting acne when I was leaving school, so 16 and they were persistant so I ended up enduring them for 2 years, which I was fine with coz I still was getting numbers etc from girls so I thought I couldnt look that bad.

But Acne is stilll acne and when I turned 18 (well just after) they disapeared. They were the most happiest months of my teenage life, 4 months after tho and they came back with a venegence (it was soo bad ye couldnt see my skin, and so I stayed in me house for 2 years trying to get rid of them).

Ive got clearish skin by now, but the redness and a few scars look bad. So Im getting there but very slowly.

My face was almost clear once in June. My body acne has never been clear though, and I don't think it will be for another year or so. :redface:

Yeah I can definitely related to this. I cleared up before freshman year of high school and lost 20 pounds as well when I joined cross country. Started getting more attention from girls, which was nice but at the same time made me realize how superficial some people are. I stayed clear for the most part for 2 years before it slowly started coming back again. After a semester of college I got depressed, couldn't handle it anymore and I dropped out. And like you I'm going back in January. I"m hoping I can get accutane before then at my next derm appointment to ease my conscience :pray: .

it's just the best feeling when you're clear. I remember a couple years back when I was so care free but now I'm really upset with my face. There are moments when I forget about the acne and then I'll go to the toilet and catch my reflection in the mirror or I'll laugh and feel the pain of acne around my mouth and it's heart breaking. Really is.