Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have tried basically every treatment on the market. I am in my late teens, male, and have mild to now moderate acne. I am done with this. I went back to Dan's Regimen which works the best for me out of everything, but I am never consistently clear. Right now I do not have a lot of scarring, so I think it'd be best to stop the acne once and for all so I can stay scar free. Here is what I have tried:

Dan's Regimen

Every Neutrogena/Clearisil/Clean & Clear product (basically)

Finacea

Azelex

BHA

AHA

Antibiotics

Retin-A

Epiduo

Topisulf (Sulphur cream... prescribed)

Tons of all the natural supplements (everything in my signature plus a lot more)

What else can I do? I am extremely irritated and I am just done. Do you think I am OK for Accutane? This is because I am basically going to demand it from my derm and I think she'd be OK with it.

I think it depends from derm to derm, if one doesn't give it to you, then, just switch to another

However if you have already tried the things u listed with her then just ask this one - even beg for it (that's what I almost had to do lol)

She told me about a month back if Finacea did not work, she'd give it to me. Well, nothing has worked so if she does not hold up her word she will not ever see the light of day again ;)

Go for it. Even though I'm having to take Accutane a second time, Accutane improved my life for the better. All the side effects are worth it (and I experienced all the common ones).

For both of my courses I actually had to cry in order to get prescriptions. Not that I was faking but I really had to fight my derm for it. If you know this is what you want just make a good argument for it. Good luck.

I really really want Accutane too. Although I am clear right now my acne comes back so easily. Oily skin is the major root of all acne. The only thing that will kill it is Accutane.

Just try to be nice about it. Don't go in there screaming with an attitude demanding accutane. I just explained my dermatologist my situation in a calmy manner and told him I would like to try accutane and he gave it to me. I guess the fact that my face was severe helped convice also haha