Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iluvkittenz

Natural Moisturizer

hey everyone! I am looking for a good natural moisturizer. I currently use Burt's Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile as my face wash (which I LOVE) but I'm still using Cetaphil moisturizer and am now trying to take a more natural approach. I would describe my skin as combination, I have always gotten oily in my T-zone but sometimes dry out around my mouth/chin area. I also have been dealing with cystic acne along my jawline (always at least 5-10) for about 4 months now.

so...Any suggestions? Thanks!

oh! also...I try to drink 3-4 cups of "get gorgeous" tea a day. I rub the tea bags on my face right after making it in the morning and at night. I've heard people have great results with this so I am hoping for the same.

Edited by iluvkittenz

Well, some people use oils - coconut, olive, jojoba, walnut...

These still tend to break me out, but for a lot of people, they don't. You could try small amounts to see. Honey is also a natural humectant that binds moisture. I used to make little masks with it for quite a while, but my skin was so parched that it didn't help drastically, but if your skin isn't as dry as mine was, it may work for you, as well.

If you're looking for a store product, Kiss My Face has some natural tinted moisturizers. Juice Beauty has some, too. You can google organic moisturizers, if an actual product is what you're looking for.

Otherwise, I'd try some different oils or honey. Jojoba is probably the most widely used and least comedogenic.