Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
macstar

My Acne

post-118256-1260559001_thumb.jpgHi

I have attached a photo of my acne which is primarily on my chest but also my back. I am a 32 year old male and wondered from your experience if my doctor should refer me to a dermatologist. He has not suggested it yet but last time just prescribed my without even looking at my acne.

I am seeing someone else next week and do you think this is severe enough to request a referral??

They are often big cysts which are painful to touch and even when my shirt touches them. It is also seriously affecting my confidence as I like to swim and go gym and haven't been able to as I am too embarassed.

Thanks for your comments/advice.

Mac

post-118256-1260559001_thumb.jpg

Don't beat yourself up. Mine is even worse then that and I'm only fourteen. I would go to the dermatologist. Maybe he can give you a pill or something. Accutane would work the best in my opinion, but before trying that out you might want to experiment with some things.

Hey, I think acne like that should be a hint that a derm is needed.

I'm 15 and my acne on my back is about 29347347 times worse and I am now on accutane. I don't know if you've heard of it but it's the last solution to incredibly resistant acne.

Good luck.