Jump to content
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Acne


I have attached a photo of my acne which is primarily on my chest but also my back. I am a 32 year old male and wondered from your experience if my doctor should refer me to a dermatologist. He has not suggested it yet but last time just prescribed my without even looking at my acne.

I am seeing someone else next week and do you think this is severe enough to request a referral??

They are often big cysts which are painful to touch and even when my shirt touches them. It is also seriously affecting my confidence as I like to swim and go gym and haven't been able to as I am too embarassed.

Thanks for your comments/advice.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't beat yourself up. Mine is even worse then that and I'm only fourteen. I would go to the dermatologist. Maybe he can give you a pill or something. Accutane would work the best in my opinion, but before trying that out you might want to experiment with some things.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I think acne like that should be a hint that a derm is needed.

I'm 15 and my acne on my back is about 29347347 times worse and I am now on accutane. I don't know if you've heard of it but it's the last solution to incredibly resistant acne.

Good luck.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes