Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lennart

Accutane and fruit

Hey,

I'm on accutane for some while, (Since the 21st of april)

and my skin is getting cleaner and cleaner, underskin bumps are 'getting' out so that's great. :)

But i was kind of wondering,

you can't take accutane with juice.

But how long do you have to wait after you took your pill, to eat some oranges/kiwi's or whatever sort of fruit/juice?

It's on my mind for quite a long time, i'm now avoiding fruit after +- 3 hours after I took my pills.

Is this necessary? Or can i just eat fruit/drink juice after like one hour after taking it?

Many thanks,

Lennart

Why can't you take it with juice? Unless I've missed it, I don't see anything about juice in the insert.

yeah I don't see why you can't take fruit the second before you take your pill and the second after. You want to take your accutane with a fatty meal but you can also eat fruit with your meal...

I heard that it's better not to take accutane with fruit since it reduces the absorption.

Is this right or is it just one of those internet stories?

Sounds like an internet story to me. It's a proven fact (look in the insert itself) that taking the medicine with a fatty meal is best for absorption. It doesn't have to be bad fat. Nuts, peanut butter, avacados, regular meals like baked chicken and pasta, etc. are just fine to take with this drug. What the insert does state is to take it with liquid so it doesn't get stuck in the esophagus. Other than that, drink fruit juice until your heart is content. Do a search in this forum. I've been here for awhile and this is the first time I've heard of not eating fruit or drinking juice with the drug.

Good luck on your course! :)