Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strato

Has anyone gone from Dan's regimen (or another BP regimen) to accutane?

So, the question is to people who went from BP to accutane. How did you do it? I just got prescribed accutane and I am supposed to start taking it tomorrow (40mg per day). I've been on Dan's regimen for three months and it has kept every my face clear except for my forehead. I'm afraid to come off it immediately and experience a breakout, plus accutane is known to cause an IB anyway, so my face would probably be a big mess.

By the way, my face is already very dry and flaky (have to moisturize three times a day).

I did it the other way, accutane to dans regimen(to stay clear) and there is no way you can do both your skin will be teeeerribly dry. The dryness kicks in fast too, so i would advise stopping BP altogether. And just carrying on moisturising as you are, morning and night + anytime you need to inbetween.

Then if spots do come up, maybe treat them individually with BP. But my skin is kinda dry now with BP, and i know if i was on accutane still i just couldnt survive.

Hope that helps!