Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, a few days ago I had one pimple and thought to use some BP on it. So I over applied it and next morning I was left with a big blotch of red that looked like a minor burn. I have done this before and the burn went away within a couple days, but I was wondering if anyone knew a way that I could speed up the healing process or possibly lessen the redness to almost nothing through one night. I applied aloe vera, right from the plant to the burn last night and this morning it seemed like it didn't do anything or VERY little. Any suggestions?

yeh this happens to me to. really annoying, so i guess our skin cant handle it?

best thing is to just leave it. it will go hard, form a scab, flake, peel, reveal new skin, then week later the pinkyness will have died down.

long slow shitty process i know.

the thing is ive always used BP and it has only happend 3 out of 1000 times. I guess its this new brand that i bought. Solugel. Well anyways, this time it's the worst it has been. It's now a light brown colour. I hope it will keep healing until its my normal colour. I have light brown skin, but the mark is still noticeable... i guess to my eye because my girlfriend didn't say anything about it... heheh. well anyways, are there any suggestions? I tried aloe vera for a few days but it didn't do anything. i tried a polysporin triple ointment, didn't do much. I don't really understand how an unscented moisturizer would work. Has anyone gone through something like this? If so, how long did it take to heal and what did you do to help the healing process? plz i need help! thanks in advance!

It sounds to me like you're just going to have to wait for the damaged skin to come off on its own. It sounds like it's already healing nicely. Maybe a few more days and it'll be back to normal?

i hope so. thanks for your input. anything helps really. im stressing out about this mark. i guess it has gotten better since it happened... but it bothers me a lot still. i went to a local drug store just now and the pharmacist said to put moisturizer on the problem area and to put on Vitamin E a few times a day and it should heal within a week or two. Does anyone think that'll help?

so guys how do you stop this from happening? is it the brand of the BP? cause thats what i am gathering

seems totally odd though.

i went to the doctor and got prescribed skioren cream, apparently works in 4 weeks. if not you use it with anti biotics

it doesn't seem like its that dry... its still a bit brown, i have no idea what to do at this point. I guess all i can do is apply moisturizer, vitamin e and aloe for a couple weeks and see how it goes. my other burns went away in under a week, i dont understand why this damn burn turned from red to brown and is lingering for a bit over a week now. if anyone has any other suggestions, i would be more than happy to hear them. Is there anyone else that has had a similar experience and fixed the problem? if so, how long did it take for it to fade back to the regular skin tone? sorry for asking so many questions, this burn is definitly getting to me.

The burn mark is completely gone! And I didn't really do anything, just use a cleanser a few times a day. I was so convinced it was going to take longer. I want to thank everyone for their input and help! :)

You may have a mild allergy, just something to consider. Same thing happened to me the first few times I tried BP, but afterwards it just seemed to settle in and that was that.