Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eduardooo

Top 3 dangerous foods

Hi all.I've read "Mr X Acne Says", and basically, that book says that the vegetable oils are the most dangerous aliment for our skin. I don't know what to say, I avoid almost completely any kind of vegetable oil for about a month or so, and I think that I observed a little bit of amelioration, but it could be also my mind(an illusion that i got better).

Have anyone had this kind of experience(to avoid completely the vegetable oil)? Is someone clear without avoiding the vegetable oils? Also what do you think: which are the most 3 dangerous foods?

Thanks!

I avoid vegetable oils if they are hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated because they are just bad for your overall health. My primary oils are olive, coconut, grapeseed and ghee (clarified butter).

For me, dairy and sugar contribute to my acne and oily skin. Wheat can be a trigger too.

Sugar, vegetable oils (high omega 6), and refined/processed grain products (and grains in general to an extent) are my nemeses.

It is hard to say what the 3 most dangerous foods are. Their are lots of food that are just terrible for your health. Their are also certain foods that can aggravate your acne.

However, dairy products with the exception of Yogurt should be avoided by all acne sufferers (even those without acne), vegetable oils, especially partially hydrogenated vegetable oils should be completely avoided, and foods high on the glycemic index should be avoided as much as possible.

These are the 3 "foods that came to my mind first that should be avoided. Processed foods just popped into my head as well. It is best to eat whole, natural foods as much as possible.

different for everyone. I am sensative to wheat dairy and tomatoes

starting soon i will be cutting out bread.

going to get gluten free bread. think thats correct?

For me it's:

- Dairy (milk, yogurt, etc.)

- Unagi (a type of Japanese eel -- I always get huge cysts after I eat it -- I suspect it is because it is extremely high in iodine)

- Sugary foods (cookies, candy, etc.)

Sugar, vegetable oils (high omega 6), and refined/processed grain products...

^ The above, dairy and whatever you personally have an intolerance for are the most dangerous foods.