Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello,

I am on the regimen and have been experiencing good results. I am going to order AHA to combat the red marks. My question is: When do you apply the AHA? After applying bp, or is it not safe to use with bp? Only at night or 2 times a day? Any info would help.

thanks

I use it after the BP. Do not use before! Also, I use it once every night. To begin though, start slowly and test a patch on your arm so you do not have a bad reaction just in case.

Wait until you've been on The Regimen for at least a month, and your skin has had a chance to adjust to the full amount of BP.

Then you can start by using the AHA two or three times a week to see how your skin reacts (most people chose to use it after the BP, in place of their regular moisturizer, although some people--myself included--opt to use it before applying BP). If your skin handles it well, you can increase how often you use the AHA, but I wouldn't recommend using it more than once a day. AHA is strong stuff, and it's possible to irritate your skin through over-use.

Also, be sure to use sunscreen any time you'll be exposed to sunlight (even on cloudy days) for at least a week after any AHA use, as AHA can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight and more prone to burning.