Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jags2732

Did you ever think it would last?

For all of those acne suffers who have been dealing with acne for several years, ever since your first breakout, did you ever think you would still be suffering from acne now?

When I was a young teen and had my first pimple, I thought I was like everyone else who got them. I figured that it was something everyone goes through and just like everyone else I would grow out of it. Now I am in college and on my third trial of Accutane keeping my fingers crossed that it works this time. :confused:

Hopefully third time is the charm, gl to all those who suffer from acne

It's funny because as soon I hit 18 I had the worst acne in my entire life. Mind you I've had acne for 5 years it just kept growing on me and now it's been around 2 and half months and my face has never been so clear.

I hope that I've finally out grew acne *Knocks on wood*

I actually went on accutane for a week just when I turned around 18 cause my acne was bad, so glad I got off of it. To be honest though, if it's your third time what are the chances of it working permanently?

i don't remember if i thought it was going to be chronic in the beginning. after months and months, though, i didn't think i'd ever get rid of it. i think it made it much more difficult to accept because it wasn't just my skin that was psycho, but i was dealing with good ol puberty too. i had extreme mood swings that i'm sure were partly because of acne, but also because my growth spurt contributed to me tripping over everything, being extremely clumsy.

I used to think acne was something that just came and went, as easily and quickly as a cold. But it's been years and the war still continues. I think this will, sadly, be a Vietnam.

I remember one day saying to some guy who teased me "what you don't understand is that mine is ending and yours is starting"

6 years later..

I thought I'd outgrow it because that's what everyone told me. When I took Accutane for the first time when I was 18/19 I thought I'd be cured for life. Here I am 5 years later battling cystic acne again.

Edited by tv_viewer
It's funny because as soon I hit 18 I had the worst acne in my entire life. Mind you I've had acne for 5 years it just kept growing on me and now it's been around 2 and half months and my face has never been so clear.

I hope that I've finally out grew acne *Knocks on wood*

I actually went on accutane for a week just when I turned around 18 cause my acne was bad, so glad I got off of it. To be honest though, if it's your third time what are the chances of it working permanently?

Well after each trial I would seem to clear up in certain parts. After the first trial my back acne cleared up, second trial most of my face cleared up, and hopefully the third trial will hope clear up my jawline. Hope being the key word of course

Well, yes and no. When I was younger I felt like by the time I was out of high school it would be over, but when I got to that point in school, I somehow stopped believing I would outgrow it.

Instead, I decided to see it as another part of me. It doesn't hinder me, but it is there. So I do what I an and live my life regardless of it. I manage it and that is enough. ^_^

I figured it'd disappear by itself since that's what everyone told me "it's normal, everyone gets it." I also figured it would just remain where it began; ie: my forehead. Never did I think it'd spread so far...