Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone been able to do it? It's driving me crazy.

Cure is the wrong word. You can prevent it with B5 or Accutane. Do look into the side effects, as while they work, they are vary potentiall serious and common. I'd work on you diet and try a low GL healthy veg diet whatever.

When I cut out sugar and dairy, my oil production goes way down. You got to give it at least a month tho to see.

My advice is to not wash it so much. If you are washing twice a day to combat the oil build up then the oil is building up to compensate for the oil going twice a day. I now wash once a day and the oil build up is less as your body doesnt need to produce so much of it.

Consume a low calorie diet. Cut out all dairy, sugar, and simple carbohydrates. I would even limit ALL carbohydrates, even healthy complex carbs. Supplement with things like Vitamin A, Vitamin B5, Riboflavin, Vitamin E, etc.

Wash your face with warm water and a mild soap in the morning and before you go to sleep.

Oily skin isn't a problem. What is there to cure? Go look at an old geezer with no oil. Their skin is wrinkled and looks horrible. Oil is good. Acne isn't caused by oily skin. Acne is formed from the inside out not inside in. You can bathe in baby oil and still not affect your skin.

:genius:

Oily skin isn't a problem. What is there to cure? Go look at an old geezer with no oil. Their skin is wrinkled and looks horrible. Oil is good. Acne isn't caused by oily skin. Acne is formed from the inside out not inside in. You can bathe in baby oil and still not affect your skin.

My oily skin contributes to clogged pores so it is a problem for me. And oily skin is a breeding ground for bacteria to thrive. I also know many people that break out from mineral oil (baby oil). Overly oily skin can be a big problem. Since I cut out dairy and sugar, my oil production is way down and my acne has almost diminished.

My oily skin contributes to clogged pores so it is a problem for me. And oily skin is a breeding ground for bacteria to thrive. I also know many people that break out from mineral oil (baby oil). Overly oily skin can be a big problem. Since I cut out dairy and sugar, my oil production is way down and my acne has almost diminished.

Sebum contributes to acne, just ignore Necromancer.

Yeah ignore me. I somehow create a mirror on my forehead by 5pm daily yet I'm am 100% clear. I must be wrong... :rolleyes:

Yeah ignore me. I somehow create a mirror on my forehead by 5pm daily yet I'm am 100% clear. I must be wrong... :rolleyes:

Your logic is flawed. Because someone has sebum, doesn't mean they will get acne (nearly everyone has sebum). No one has said that at all. What is known, is that without sebum, you won't have acne. Anecdotal evidence (plus I think there were some studies, but I don't have them to hand), will also say when someone does have acne, the amount of sebum is linked to the severity of acne.

In my own experience, when oil is reduced, the size of acne cysts is reduced (to the point when I have very little sebum, I am pretty much clear). Sebum is essentially a fuel for the fire. This is why people take B5. It stops nearly all sebum, and lo and behold, the acne stops as well.

Plus there is the issue that most people with extreme excess oil hate it.

Edited by wibble

Oily skin may not be a problem for you but it really is for me. I can't stand the way it feels and the way it looks only adds more problems. I just hate it so much, I don't care if I have wrinkles when I'm older, I'd rather have plenty when I'm a granny than have oily skin when I am youthful. -shrug-

When I cut out sugar and dairy, my oil production goes way down. You got to give it at least a month tho to see.

Same here, at least with the sugar. Dairy has no noticeable affect, but I only have limited amounts. And follow moderately low GL meal habits to keep blood sugar stable rather than cutting out all sugar.

I used to have grotesquely oily skin and hair. Then I tried some supplements like zinc and b-complex and my skin got quite a bit less oily and then after the diet improvements, my skin is just slightly on the oily side.

My advice is to not wash it so much. If you are washing twice a day to combat the oil build up then the oil is building up to compensate for the oil going twice a day. I now wash once a day and the oil build up is less as your body doesnt need to produce so much of it.

Oh my god...yet another restatement of the oldest Urban Myth in the book. And naturally, it's from a newbie.

Oily skin may not be a problem for you but it really is for me. I can't stand the way it feels and the way it looks only adds more problems. I just hate it so much, I don't care if I have wrinkles when I'm older, I'd rather have plenty when I'm a granny than have oily skin when I am youthful. -shrug-

i hear you.... I dont have the asnwer i dont think but one thing i can tell you is if your going the diet route.... (in my own experience) added fats & oils, AS WELL AS carbohydrates do effect my sebum level. Fats do it far worse (things that break me out bad are seeds nuts eggs oils...) but even fruits give me little whiteheads/blackheads. after i saw my sebum level go way down Im pretty convinced food effects the hormones that produce skins oil.