Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
realone2

new regime: sh!t all.

i am a 21 year old female, have had mild/moderate acne for 6ish years. i have tried everything from accutane (lasted a year), to minocyline (did nothing whatsoever), to every topical treatment possible, except pro-activ. however, i just recently tried "acnefree", which is a stronger version of pro-activ. it worked for 4 days. my problem area used to be my forehead (that somehow cleared up considerably) and after a bad flare up during my menstruation, i somehow managed to obtain zits all over my cheeks. and i haven't stopped breaking out on them since. everything i have tried either dries my skin out or makes it overly oily and i haven't found a moisturizer that i like.

i went to get my eyebrows waxed a while ago and was told by the woman there that i should get a microdermabrasion facial because my skin is ridiculously clogged and it'd help a lot with my acne. i may go do that in january, i haven't decided yet.

that being said, i feel like all these harsh products on my skin isn't helping and might actually be making it worse. i know some of my acne is due to hormone flare ups around that time of the month, but i still breakout a bit in between these times.

so, i read some of the other logs about people who just stopped doing anything altogether and it seemed to help, aand i am trying it now, during exam period/xmas break when i don't have to see anybody if i breakout bad :D. i am currently on day 2.

Day 1:

- did nothing but water dripped a bit on face in shower

- forehead and cheeks slightly dry

Day 2:

- nothing, no dripping

- oily nose, normal forehead, dry-ish cheeks. haven't seen any new pustules yet that i'm aware of.

I know that most of my acne is "hormonal acne"! Ive also tried accutane, proactive, acne free, etc. Im currently on the regimen and like it so far. Anyhow, have you considered birth control? This is the only thing that actually cleared my face. Im currently about to start on bc again because my acne is coming back. It really does help. It also helps with periods and cramps! :D

I know that most of my acne is "hormonal acne"! Ive also tried accutane, proactive, acne free, etc. Im currently on the regimen and like it so far. Anyhow, have you considered birth control? This is the only thing that actually cleared my face. Im currently about to start on bc again because my acne is coming back. It really does help. It also helps with periods and cramps! :D

i actually started birth control a couple months ago.. which is great because it's done nothing for my acne and i've been on my period for two weeks :lol: (i think my body is still getting used to it). my skin seems to be doing well with my "do nothing" regime, though winter is certainly drying. i thought hormonal acne would disappear after puberty settled! *sigh*

i actually started birth control a couple months ago.. which is great because it's done nothing for my acne and i've been on my period for two weeks :lol: (i think my body is still getting used to it). my skin seems to be doing well with my "do nothing" regime, though winter is certainly drying. i thought hormonal acne would disappear after puberty settled! *sigh*

Welll we always have our hormones and what I meant was that I have to use stuff on the inside of my body as well as on the surface. It bugs the crap out of me when I have a friend who rarely gets even zits and when he gets one he freaks! LOL. Im like, "just shut up already".

Welll we always have our hormones and what I meant was that I have to use stuff on the inside of my body as well as on the surface. It bugs the crap out of me when I have a friend who rarely gets even zits and when he gets one he freaks! LOL. Im like, "just shut up already".

i think mine partly be genetic too because both my parents had acne as teenagers. mine isn't too bad right now, i have 2 or 3 zits on each cheek and my forehead, but i have a lot of leftover red spots from past breakouts that make it look worse.

Yeah me to. My mom had bad acne when she was younger as well as my older brother and younger sister! It sucks so much because you get scarred literally on the outside as well as the inside! People have no clue how it takes a toll on our lives, ya know?

I would add you as a friend but I don't know how. :doh:

Yeah me to. My mom had bad acne when she was younger as well as my older brother and younger sister! It sucks so much because you get scarred literally on the outside as well as the inside! People have no clue how it takes a toll on our lives, ya know?

I would add you as a friend but I don't know how. :doh:

i added you!:) how old are you btw?

day 4: i found pictures of my face with makeup on from last week and i'm shocked at how much better my skin looks today. i have a few zits, but they're ones that were already forming before i stopped washing and seem to be healing a little faster (i could just be crazy). my skin tone looks a bit better as well. i'll see if i can upload the pictures.

you can kind of see it here (before):

post-118087-1260643289_thumb.jpg

and here. my skin was very red and this was with makeup on.

post-118087-1260643336_thumb.jpg

day 4, no makeup:

post-118087-1260643467_thumb.jpg

post-118087-1260643524_thumb.jpg

i'm kind of amazed lol. my mother even commented that my skin looks better today.

post-118087-1260643289_thumb.jpg

post-118087-1260643336_thumb.jpg

post-118087-1260643467_thumb.jpg

post-118087-1260643524_thumb.jpg

day 5: not much is new, the red marks from past acne seem to be slowly fading, i have a couple pustules and zits that were forming before i started this a few days ago, hopefully they'll be gone quickly. so far, i'm enjoying this.

post-118087-1260756133_thumb.jpg

post-118087-1260756117_thumb.jpg

post-118087-1260756117_thumb.jpg

post-118087-1260756133_thumb.jpg

dear skin: i am terribly sorry and will never exfoliate you like that again.

it's day 7... except it's actually day 1 because i have to start over because i had a lapse in judgment.

i hadn't washed my face in a week. i had flakes of dead skin coming off when i plucked my eyebrows. so i thought it would be a good idea to exfoliate with st. ives apricot scrub in the shower.

bad. life. decisions.

instead of the random dead skin flake, my face is now covered in a whole bunch of little flakes. i then moisturized, which did nothing.

i then decided to put foundation on to cover up this mess because i had a classmate coming over to study with me.

let me tell you, my skin looks rough. it'll take a couple days to bounce back from this. :boohoo: *sigh*

i'm convinced the "do nothing" method was working, so i will continue with that until i get enough money to get a microdermabrasion in january.

it's day 7... except it's actually day 1 because i have to start over because i had a lapse in judgment.

i hadn't washed my face in a week. i had flakes of dead skin coming off when i plucked my eyebrows. so i thought it would be a good idea to exfoliate with st. ives apricot scrub in the shower.

bad. life. decisions.

instead of the random dead skin flake, my face is now covered in a whole bunch of little flakes. i then moisturized, which did nothing.

i then decided to put foundation on to cover up this mess because i had a classmate coming over to study with me.

let me tell you, my skin looks rough. it'll take a couple days to bounce back from this. :boohoo: *sigh*

i'm convinced the "do nothing" method was working, so i will continue with that until i get enough money to get a microdermabrasion in january.

hey well i think you look great personally, really dont be so hard on your self or skin for that matter!

i did a microdermabrasion but i dont think it helped much. it made newer spots turn into dark pigmentation :( and week later broke out worse. maybe cause of it?

still i am glad i did it because my skin felt fresh after and you can see the dirt in the machine afterwards!

just make sure to moisturise everyday after, cause it made my skin go slighlty red like i had sunburn lol

bad. life. decisions.

hey well i think you look great personally, really dont be so hard on your self or skin for that matter!

i did a microdermabrasion but i dont think it helped much. it made newer spots turn into dark pigmentation :( and week later broke out worse. maybe cause of it?

still i am glad i did it because my skin felt fresh after and you can see the dirt in the machine afterwards!

just make sure to moisturise everyday after, cause it made my skin go slighlty red like i had sunburn lol

thanks for the tip:) thank you for the compliment lol. i don't know about this microdermabrasion thing, the lady that waxed my eyebrows said it'd help me a lot because i have years of clogged mess going on. i never noticed it until she mentioned it actually. did it hurt?