Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

As an introduction, I'm a college student. I've been fighting acne tooth and nail since 7-8th grade and have never been completely clear. I've tried Proactiv, Clinique, Neutrogena, tea tree oil, etc etc. The past few years it has gotten really bad, and last year was the first time I decided to see a dermatologist. He put me minocycline and differin. I wasn't crazy about the antibiotics but I did it for a long while. I saw very little improvement, and in fact it was just getting worse! Then he prescribed Tetracycline, Epiduo and Clarifoam. Oh. My. God. I never knew what real pain was before that, but after I had been on these for a few months, my face exploded. I have always had mild-moderate acne but I had never had the really painful acne until then. Just having it sitting on my face I could feel the pain radiate off of it. I wanted to hunt down my dermatologist and give him a good what-fer. But I didn't. So I stopped after that, and when my mom suggested I go back to the dermatologist I told her I didn't want him anywhere near my face. Then she surprised me with Pronexin. It sounded sketchy but I tried it, it was okay, nothing great, didn't make my acne a whole lot worse...but it wasn't clearing up (and some people here have suggested it's a scam!). So after a year or so lurking on the boards, finally I decided to suck it up, and order Dan's regimen. It took a while to get here, but I received it on Monday and have been using it to the letter since. For a clear mental picture of my acne, I have one small pimple on my forehead, and a healing red spot inbetween my brows. On my left cheek I have one pimple, 6 papules, and a whole lot of red spots from old acne (12? 13? THANKS dermatologist). On my right cheek I have 2 pimples, and 5 papules, and ditto with healing red spots. On my chin I have maybe a papule. So this is it, wish me luck!

Alright so on day 1-2 of my regimen, obviously not seeing a huge difference. BUT I have no burning, redness, or itching...yet. So that goes in the 'win' category. I thought I might be putting too many drops of jojoba oil in my moisturizer (2-3) because from past experience, I don't want my skin to scale off. But when I wake up in the mornings my skin isn't oily at all, it looks normal (well normal for my skin).

starting wk 2. everything has kind of faded, but definitely still visible. my face gets red more often after the bp and moisturizer. i have a new zit but that should disappear quickly, and a new one under my jawline. this is the week there is supposed to be a breakout, so im praying that is kept to a minimum...