Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
junior11

Accutane and scarring

I dont think it 'causes' scarring. What it does do is make scars or blemishes you already have more pronounced. But only when you are on the drug, once you stop the drug this fades. It also makes you more likely to get scars, so if you pick or squeeze a spot that wouldnt normally scar, while on accutane there is a good chance it might.

Absolutely not, the thing is, if you're prone to acne scars, then a pimple that surfaces will give you a scar. It's not the medicine that gave you scars, people just blame it. Basically if people have pimples that surface while on accutane and get scars, they "blame" accutane. The blame actually goes to the skin that is prone to scarring. If you get a pimple while on any medication and you're prone to scarring then you know what will happen next. Accutane does not interfere with healing and therefore does not CAUSE scarring.

I have found it, that if you go on Accutane in the midst of cystic acne, it will make scar you. If you go on it at the beginning of your cystic activity you won't really scar as much.

For me and most other tane users, Accutane causes one to break out worse than than normal in order to start healing. Those breakouts usually scar.

All of my scars are shallow boxcar scars, no big deal.

For me and most other tane users, Accutane causes one to break out worse than than normal in order to start healing. Those breakouts usually scar.

All of my scars are shallow boxcar scars, no big deal.

Does shallow boxcar sacrs go away in the end?