Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sahartar

Long term skin tone change while using the regimen

I'm a white guy who wants to try the regimen for my acne. It's not devastating - no cysts or scarring or anything, just a lot of red marks and some active spots.

I've checked some photos of me from when i had clear skin (3 years ago) and my skin color is like this

http://www.edwardcullen.us/edward%20cullen.jpg

my question is: beyond the initial redness of the skin getting adjusted to the regimen, should I expect my skin to always be redder or different than my normal skin tone while using the regimen? It might just be me, but it seems like a lot of the long term regimen users have flushed looking or reddish faces.

To be honest, I like the paleness of my normal skin color. I would prefer to be clear with my skin the color it was like in the photo above - but I understand that I will probably have to put up with initial redness, irritation and such. I just want to know if I can look forward to having my clear skin be its natural color after passing that initial period.

I've been on The Regimen for over a year and a half, and after my skin adjusted to the BP, it went back to its normal color. You can check the pictures of me in my gallery, if you'd like.

I don't know how severe your acne was before the regimen, but your skin looks amazing now. I'd be ecstatic if I had results like that.

Can anyone else weight in on how the regimen affects skin tone? I've read about some people here who weren't so lucky as c'est la vigne.